Sorenson VP-100 users to get an important upgrade!

diehardbiker65 said:
VP-200 is STILL in beta testing stage. Two friends of mine have that already and seen problems, unfortunately that Sorenson Technican don't believe it. My friend gave up! That technican don't have any clue to whats difference between DHCP and Static IP address. My friend got Static IP address, and that technican said must use DHCP. It wont' work on Static IP address at all. RME!
Both of Sorenson VP I have is VP-100.

That's what my installer told me when he gave me VP-200 before replacing it with VP 100.

RITCount said:
I never said I currently have the VP 200. I have the vp 100.

my data shows this:

application version: 1.6.1000.400
Boot loader version: 1.1.1.1
App loader version: 1.6.200.100

As you can see, I just got the update today.
I didn't say you have vp-200 but the call center may have. get it?

RITCount said:
That's what my installer told me when he gave me VP-200 before replacing it with VP 100.
Oh you have vp-200 but why did you said otherwise?

ok i just checked mine hawaii needs to be updated so it ll plby happen AFTER the 1st we'll see tho :)

Sorenson does NOT monitor or record any phone calls made. It even says so on our website in English AND ASL.

HoHGuyOhio said:
Sorenson does NOT monitor or record any phone calls made. It even says so on our website in English AND ASL.

B.S.

Sorenson does record every call just like any telephone company does....

diehardbiker65 said:
Yup, all you have to do is add in your phone book of your favorite VRS, for example for HIPvrs I entered call.hipvrs.com and called them. Viola! it worked.
CSD, I think CSDVRS.TV

great you happy now?

Mookie said:
B.S.

recording video calls is not the same as telephone recording. video calls is done over internet. phone calls over the voice network. you worry about internet recording?

qwerty123 said:
recording video calls is not the same as telephone recording. video calls is done over internet. phone calls over the voice network. you worry about internet recording?
possible so... :ugh3:

I don't think so, they might record some, but it is really impossible to record all of the calls. WHY? Videostream eats up enoromous memory and if they really record every calls, their hard drive will be full within an hour! But worse, there are hackers that can randomly pick video calls and record them without caller knowledge!

Mookie said:
B.S.

Any VRS espeically tradional Relay Service document (record) the phone number/IP address, date, time and locations. I am not surprised that Sorenson would record every your call on time, date and location (IP address/phone number).

I do not think Sorenson VRS would record any length of communication. Did I mention earlier?

Just like any telephone company does to record date, time and locations.

It is the perfect system for DHS and NSA. Keep in mind that VRS competitors obtain the federal fund...

Thats even better clarification, you probably are right for a good reason! They need to get money from FCC, and they have to prove somehow to FCC that they are making such this and that calls. They need to record to back up their claims.

Mookie said:
Any VRS espeically tradional Relay Service document (record) the phone number/IP address, date, time and locations. I am not surprised that Sorenson would record every your call on time, date and location (IP address/phone number).

I do not think Sorenson VRS would record any length of communication. Did I mention earlier?

Just like any telephone company does to record date, time and locations.

It is the perfect system for DHS and NSA. Keep in mind that VRS competitors obtain the federal fund...

RITCount said:
I never said I currently have the VP 200. I have the vp 100.

my data shows this:

application version: 1.6.1000.400
Boot loader version: 1.1.1.1
App loader version: 1.6.200.100

As you can see, I just got the update today.

I have VP and have not do anything with update and yet I see what exactly u had just now!!! Werid... i bet u guys all have same numbers as shown above??? Cuz I just got this VP last spring March of this year! So seem it already had that same numbers!! Asumes I dont have to use that update now anyway! :lol:

Back