Sorenson to increase Missed Call entries from 20 to 40

RickL66

Reaction score
Dear Sorenson VP-100 videophone customer,

Within the next 48 hours, you will receive a software update notice on your VP-100 videophone. This update will increase the number of entries that appear in the missed call list. Instead of seeing 20 missed calls, you will see 40.

The VP-100 will tell you when the software update is available. You do not need to do anything until you are prompted by the VP-100.

After 48 hours, if you have not been prompted by the VP-100 to update the software, please contact Sorenson VRS support:
* E-mail: vrssupport@sorenson.com
* TTY: 866.877.9826
* VP-100: 801.287.9403 (Use Videophone dialing method.)

Thank you for using Sorenson VRS and we look forward to better serving you.

The Sorenson VRS Sales Team
getvrs@sorenson.com

Thats not what I needed! What I need is more entries on phone book! sigh! Mine's already full and need more room... pffft

I could care less on the missed calls list, I don't really bother much about that.
I think 20 is enough and I want a data back up feature in case I lose the address book and have to use the remote control all over again with a bunch of it. My thumb would hurt!

Wow. I'm so impressed! :)

As for *real* features I'd like to see in the next generation of VP units, how about a hard disk drive? That way, answering machines can be set up to receive VP calls. That would be a killer app for the videophone market.

See Memory in VP-100 below.

Last edited:
memory in VP 100

The memory in VP-100 is very limited that cannot store more. The missing call list is stoed on a remote server while speed list is stored locally in VP's memory.

I hope that newer VP-200 could store more. 100 entries, maybe or more? I can't wait to get it till end of year or next year.

The new feature you're seeing in this firmware update is to enable you to save all phone book entries on Sorenson Server. If you need your VP-100 replaced or when they finally get VP-200 out, all your phonebook entries will be still there without you needing to re-enter them all over again.

Back