Sorenson to allow other VRS usage

Mookie said:
For I2Eyes (Dlink) users, you can apply free ASL answering machine via www.csdvrs.org (click on My Stuff)...

mookie
re read your message youre wife apply for sorenson videofone and will use it for answreing machine not csd

either sorenson dont have answering machine or mookie is eaten by cookie monster

qwerty123 said:
mookie
re read your message youre wife apply for sorenson videofone and will use it for answreing machine not csd

either sorenson dont have answering machine or mookie is eaten by cookie monster

Actually, CSD will page me that there will be new message for the video answering machine. I will check the message at any computer in college computer lab, friend's home, cybercafe, work, etc. I am sure that most of the hearies are too lazy to use the computers so they prefer to use the phone...

I may not have time to go home to check the answering machine.

I understand that Sorenson (correct if I may be wrong) may not have answering machines but the list of Caller ID.

Why don't you try to apply and see if you like it or not. It is for deaf impaired people that they do not know to use relay service to leave the message on the TDD/TTY.

Mookie said:
I understand that Sorenson (correct if I may be wrong) may not have answering machines but the list of Caller ID.

Sorenson have the answer machine as called "signmail" on "setting" button and click on SignMail that you put in the email address. It can go send email to your home or pager or anywhere even on AIM or MSN Instant message. Meanwhile CSDVRS set that one email while Sorenson offer two email: computer and pager and that AIM and MSN Instant Message. Hopefully they will add Yahoo Message near future.

What happen if you aren't answer on VP and they relay will asked hearing person if he/she like to leave the message.

ideafspy said:
Sorenson have the answer machine as called "signmail" on "setting" button and click on SignMail that you put in the email address. It can go send email to your home or pager or anywhere even on AIM or MSN Instant message. Meanwhile CSDVRS set that one email while Sorenson offer two email: computer and pager and that AIM and MSN Instant Message. Hopefully they will add Yahoo Message near future.

What happen if you aren't answer on VP and they relay will asked hearing person if he/she like to leave the message.

CSDVRS and SprintVRS both offer the ability to email the VRSMail and page you when you get it.

TDI Response

TDI Agrees that All VRS Providers Allow Users of Their Equipment to Access
Other VRS Providers

Press Release
February 22, 2006

Email: tdipublicrel@gmail.com

TDI Agrees that All VRS Providers Allow Users of Their Equipment to Access
Other VRS Providers

Silver Spring, Maryland – Telecommunications for the Deaf and Hard of
Hearing, Inc. (TDI) learned last Monday of the agreement by Sorenson
Communications to allow its VP-100 users to access other VRS providers by no
later than July 1, 2006. This certainly levels the playing field for
interoperability and functional equivalency, and TDI is pleased that
Sorenson Communications has now decided to participate with other VRS
vendors in providing publicly administered Video Relay Services in an
unlimited competitive market across America.

Sorenson Communications announced its plans to allow the users of its VP-100
videophones to access not only Sorenson’s VRS interpreters but also the
interpreters of other Video Relay Service (VRS) providers by no later than
July 1, 2006. Sorenson has indicated its intent to unbundle the use of its
equipment from the use of its video relay services so that its customers, if
they choose, would be able to use its high-end technology to connect to
other VRS providers.

Dr. Roy E. Miller, TDI Board President, said, “The TDI Board of Directors is
elated over this good news. We believe all VRS providers should keep the
issue of equipment usage separate from the issue of which relay service a
person chooses to use, and that they should compete with other VRS providers
on the basis of the quality of their VRS services. This week's turn of
events is leveling the playing field among VRS providers, and VRS users will
ultimately benefit substantially by experiencing greater choice and better
quality of VRS services.”

Dr. Miller went further to say, “TDI wishes to thank its national consumer
advocacy partner organizations, the rest of the VRS industry, the Federal
Communications Commission, and, in particular, the California Coalition of
Agencies Serving the Deaf and Hard of Hearing for their key efforts toward
bringing about this week’s decision by Sorenson Communications. TDI pledges
to work closely with all VRS providers, the FCC, and all other stakeholders
in accomplishing a smooth transition to this new era of total consumer
choice in the selection of VRS service providers.”

Dennis said:
CSDVRS and SprintVRS both offer the ability to email the VRSMail and page you when you get it.

I am just letting Mookie know about Sorenson if he is wrong and correct him that what he said and I just post to him that what Sorenson have. I am not point about CSD issue that doesn't have answer machiine.. :type:

Think it does more good for the vp users overall.

Thanks to FCC! :thumb:

Probably my dual videophone image did the trick. Maybe FCC didnt like it cause it meant two videophones they have to reimburse for each consumer. And I'll wait till I hear from Sorenson VP users they can call other VRS with it before I can be happy about it. It's premature to be popping champagne bottles over it till we see they keep their word.

Richard

Back