Sorenson STILL laid off people after getting rates they wanted

huh *confused*.

but sorenson is still there, it's not going to go anywhere.
anyway, i talked to my friend on sorenson VP ;)

SorensonVRS still running. They are not shut down, just cut sizeable employeess which could increase wait time for you either make calls though SVRS (I am not sure how severe), plus longer wait time for Technical support, New installation, trainer appointment, etc. This is so unforunately, but at least we still have SorensonVRS to enjoy with.

huh *confused*.

but sorenson is still there, it's not going to go anywhere.
anyway, i talked to my friend on sorenson VP ;)

Wondering if you do E mail to Technical support? (support@sorenson.com or VRSsupport@sorenson.com) If so, we *DO* response within 24 hours. The problem we are seeing is that many E mail providers filters their e mail without customers knowledge and assumes that our E mail is spam. It had happened and is beyond our control. Since it is over 6 month try again and check in spam or junk e mail folder.

Sorenson.....jeez! My VP hasn't been working for over 6 months and I emailed them twice for help....haven't even heard a whisper from them!....Oh well!....Gonna keep trying....

Wondering if you do E mail to Technical support? (support@sorenson.com or VRSsupport@sorenson.com) If so, we *DO* response within 24 hours. The problem we are seeing is that many E mail providers filters their e mail without customers knowledge and assumes that our E mail is spam. It had happened and is beyond our control. Since it is over 6 month try again and check in spam or junk e mail folder.

You make it sound like that you work for Sorenson. I do not see anywhere that indicates that you are an Sorenson employee.

Just curious.... :cool2:

Yes, I officially got laid today.

I will keep some cable wires, two remote controls, one wired router, and one switch box. Shh Shh

I will get a new phone number because I have to return my work VP back to Sorenson. Damn Sorenson HQ. I do like my VP number. Oh, well.

Sorry for losing your job. You hide somethings before they are coming.

Somer Sorenson closing centers, creating long hold times and laying off many Deaf employees. You can use other VRS as Convo, Purple, ZVRS or others in VP200.

They've got to trim down to be able to do business...

I heard 300 people were let go.

Sorenson trimmed 7 tech support workers in Rochester, 22 in total in nationwide.

Edison, NJ center is closed. My favorite interpreter got laid off.

Sorry for losing your job. You hide somethings before they are coming.

No worries. I will load in my friend's SUV, then drive to other friend's house before installer arrives to pick them up and exchange from work vp to personal vp. :giggle: He will not know.

Yes, I officially got laid today.

I will keep some cable wires, two remote controls, one wired router, and one switch box. Shh Shh

I will get a new phone number because I have to return my work VP back to Sorenson. Damn Sorenson HQ. I do like my VP number. Oh, well.

Shh? Shh? I don' t think it's a secret anymore because you posted in public...

Anyway, I, too, got laid off. Sigh..

Sorenson trimmed 7 tech support workers in Rochester, 22 in total in nationwide.

Thats quite a few techs! whats your source ?

Shh? Shh? I don' t think it's a secret anymore because you posted in public...

Anyway, I, too, got laid off. Sigh..

I am sorry to hear your loss. Its never funny to lose jobs. Esp. from a deaf freindly company.

You make it sound like that you work for Sorenson. I do not see anywhere that indicates that you are an Sorenson employee.

Just curious....

he not hiding the fact.. he does work for sorenson tech.

Sorenson will survive .... Companies dont usually give you much notice when they gonna lay you off .. To keep you from stealing and damaging company stuff ... I do agree with FCC 3 tier system. It is more fair that way in the long run...

Sorenson should be announcement on closing centers and laying off your employees. Sound fishy, maybe.

Sorenson should be announcement on closing centers and laying off your employees. Sound fishy, maybe.

Probably. Who knows?

I already knew about two call centers are being closed (NH and NJ). 22 Tech support workers let go. Some interpreters got laid off...one of them vented on her facebook status.

A few Notes

I would just like to point out that other comanies have closed centers as well I know some Terps from Purple who went to there office a few weeks ago and were told to go home there was no more job for them.

Also it is common practice to not warn people before laying them off this is not just Sorenson, if you give warning it gives them time to become angery and possibly do something stupid. I know this because my dad used to be the guy who had to do the layoffs :(

I would just like to point out that other comanies have closed centers as well I know some Terps from Purple who went to there office a few weeks ago and were told to go home there was no more job for them.

Also it is common practice to not warn people before laying them off this is not just Sorenson, if you give warning it gives them time to become angery and possibly do something stupid. I know this because my dad used to be the guy who had to do the layoffs :(

Ouch!!

Back