Sorenson/Cox internet provider

aslrebecca

Reaction score
We move new house, keep same phone number, email, everything but change to only Cox communication, no Verizon phone. I have Sorenson VP-200. Tech come out not yet (schedule conflict). I want wire myself. Anyone help? I have wires marked, follow instruction/arrows, but not work. I see light on, blink show messages I have, but not come on monitor screen. Visual diagram perhap? Help? What do? ~Please?~
~Thank you!~:wave:

Call Sorenson Tech support 801-287-9403 or if you wish can PM for technical support assistance.

DHB

We move new house, keep same phone number, email, everything but change to only Cox communication, no Verizon phone. I have Sorenson VP-200. Tech come out not yet (schedule conflict). I want wire myself. Anyone help? I have wires marked, follow instruction/arrows, but not work. I see light on, blink show messages I have, but not come on monitor screen. Visual diagram perhap? Help? What do? ~Please?~
~Thank you!~:wave:

since you switched from DSL/optical network to cable broadband, the easiest thing to do is to reset the sorenson router. Get a paperclip and straighten it out. in the back of the router next to power input is a small hole say reset. take paperclip and put into hole and press and hold for 10 secs (count slowly or use watch) and then let go. wait for few mins and then unplug your cox modem and sorenson router. wait few mins and plug everything back in. reboot your computer. your computer should get internet working. once you know internet works on computer, check your VP.

50/50 chance to get vp working. if computer works, but vp not working then need more info from you. need modem/router model numbers and current vp ip address settings then we can figure it out.

Call Sorenson Tech support 801-287-9403 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting**************801-287-9403******end_of_the_skype_highlighting or if you wish can PM for technical support assistance.

DHB

Um, VP is not hook up...tty is still in storage....:hmm:

Um, VP is not hook up...tty is still in storage....:hmm:

:rofl: Wow it's time to dust up your old TTY to put it in use. So where's your phone to hook up to?? :rofl:

Or if you have computer or laptop with webcam, download the ZVRS Z4 from ZVRS and use it!! it's free!!

Catty

Go to church this morn. Finish will come home, explain more. Paperclip I try, not work (fingers and toes cross-no luck). It not come on screen, Insignia (NSL10901A). I have VP 200 (Sorenson), Cox communication modem (ARRIS-TM602G), Netgear router (WPN824 v2)

Hi, this is easy to set up, first connect Ethernet cable to modem, that same Ethernet cable goes to "Lonely" port in back of your router. You see "Lonely" port that is separate from group of 4 ports together, that part you can't miss. The only rule of thumb when comes to connect router with modem is that when you see one ports separate from group of 4 ports; that single port is for modem only, nothing else.

Any one of these port in group of 4 ports together can connect to your computer, your Videophone, etc. Go ahead connect them together. Did you use that same netgear router when you had with DSL? If so, then should not need to change configuration. Do not hard reset reset the router just yet. But if you did hard reset the router then re-configure the modem is needed. YOu can call us at 801-287-9403 and if happen black screen, just keep call us several times as usually it will clear the video up and we can walk though with you configure the router.

Feel free PM me anytime or call Sorenson TS at 801-287-9403 or E mail to support@sorenson.com

DHB

Too much time to ponder (still look/find moving boxes)...perhaps IP information stored in old router? This why it not recognize IP? It not stored in Cox communication modem?

I can help you to re set router and modem but diehardbiker take care with you. Please contact Sorenson Support to solve problem.

Diehardbiker, I wonder that AIM support is no longer to use. Right? Should use webcam or online chat support. Chat is faster and less waiting than email support. Many customers hate to wait too long to get reply messages.

It would be easier if we can communicate though PM. Can do that?

I understand the confusion, there are two different types of IP addresses. The public IP address is assigned by ISP, for example in your case COX is the one that assign you a public IP address.

Second type of IP address is Private IP which in other word called NAT and its created and assigned by router for internal network sharing single public IP address given by ISP.

DHB

Too much time to ponder (still look/find moving boxes)...perhaps IP information stored in old router? This why it not recognize IP? It not stored in Cox communication modem?

Im not releasing my personal information, best though PM, and I do not share information to anyone outside PM :)

Do you realize about post count that below than 50 cannot use PM?

I guess it is better way to email.

Back