Sorenson bummed me

eln

Reaction score
I am bummed. Sorenson said I must have TV and land line internet. I have only laptop and wireless DSL. I don't want TV in my house! Also, I love my wireless because I can go anywhere and it works!

Sorry to hear that, I was never comfortable with wireless because of security reason. Whats more, the VP requires zero firewall, and having them hook up with your lappy is very dangerous thing if you don't know how to properly protect your Lappy from crazy loonies. And depending on where you live, your next door neighborhood can sniff or snoop in your lappy. If your DSL wireless was installed by phone company, the chances are they don't have good security setting EVEN if they said so!

Today TV ain't that expensive... It cost only 100 dollars or less for good 13 inch tv. Or you could get flat screen LCD TV for 300 dollars. You can have DSL as both wired and wireless. You aren't limited to wireless anyway. Anyway, the point of seperate VP and Lappy is purely security reason.

I am bummed. Sorenson said I must have TV and land line internet. I have only laptop and wireless DSL. I don't want TV in my house! Also, I love my wireless because I can go anywhere and it works!

didnt know abt wireless vs landline internet requirement til few months ago when I had my VP installed... always wondered about this til diehardbiker answered the reason and it does make sense now

The real reason behind zero firewall is to freely flow the videostream. You noticed in webcam, alot of choppy images, while VP got pretty much smooth quallity. It is all due to firewall being disabled in order to make videostream go smoothly.

There is almost nothing for hacker to gain access in VP, so why bother firewalls?

Sorry to hear that, I was never comfortable with wireless because of security reason. Whats more, the VP requires zero firewall, and having them hook up with your lappy is very dangerous thing if you don't know how to properly protect your Lappy from crazy loonies. And depending on where you live, your next door neighborhood can sniff or snoop in your lappy. If your DSL wireless was installed by phone company, the chances are they don't have good security setting EVEN if they said so!

Today TV ain't that expensive... It cost only 100 dollars or less for good 13 inch tv. Or you could get flat screen LCD TV for 300 dollars. You can have DSL as both wired and wireless. You aren't limited to wireless anyway. Anyway, the point of seperate VP and Lappy is purely security reason.

Thank you for explanation. So, if I have TV and laptop, and wire from wall rather than wireless, then it is secure?

Thank you, Eric

Thank you for explanation. So, if I have TV and laptop, and wire from wall rather than wireless, then it is secure?

Thank you, Eric
Why not give Sorenson EnVision SL a try. It runs on your PC and you don't need a VP. All you need is a webcam, the software and high speed connection. Click the link below for details

Sorenson VRS

depending on which Windows version. Some windows versions don't work well with Sorenson EnVision SL... So why not try HOVRS Videosign ver 2.2 as they seems works better than EnVision. Won't hurt try both see which they suit them best. I have tried HOVRS Videosign on my lappy, damn nice one!

Why not give Sorenson EnVision SL a try. It runs on your PC and you don't need a VP. All you need is a webcam, the software and high speed connection. Click the link below for details

Sorenson VRS

depending on which Windows version. Some windows versions don't work well with Sorenson EnVision SL... So why not try HOVRS Videosign ver 2.2 as they seems works better than EnVision. Won't hurt try both see which they suit them best. I have tried HOVRS Videosign on my lappy, damn nice one!
yeah... whatever works... I was just making a suggestion to try to help out... that's all.

The real reason behind zero firewall is to freely flow the videostream. You noticed in webcam, alot of choppy images, while VP got pretty much smooth quallity. It is all due to firewall being disabled in order to make videostream go smoothly.

There is almost nothing for hacker to gain access in VP, so why bother firewalls?

curious question. norton or mcafee(sp?) need to be turn off right and what is about window firewall?. nor no make any different?.

No no! don't disable firewall in your PC. VP-100 itself need to have firewall disabled, that is why router is used. Router serves few purposes. Not all router would work with VP, FYI.

curious question. norton or mcafee(sp?) need to be turn off right and what is about window firewall?. nor no make any different?.

Yea, Just that I am sharing what I have experiment and discovers what works best on what. Nothing is 100% perfect. Still the best choice is VP-100 because of far superior videostream quality, webcam can't beat that for sure, but can be close to good as is.

yeah... whatever works... I was just making a suggestion to try to help out... that's all.

I already have wireless in my house for my laptop. I have a router too. But if I got a VP, could I put the VP router between the landline and my wireless router and it would still work? Thanks!

:shock: Wow .. Thanks post !! Interesting learning something alike that! Geez:):):)

You're welcome. I figured it would be good to combine previous knowledge on this topic with whatever people had discovered with new information. Why reinvent the wheel if you don't have to?

I already have wireless in my house for my laptop. I have a router too. But if I got a VP, could I put the VP router between the landline and my wireless router and it would still work? Thanks!

Technically, Yes. There is another thread on that somewhere (Could be this thread since I didn't bother to re-read it all over again). It requires configuring the wireless router as an access point rather than as a "router". Or some wireless routers work fine with VP, so there would be no need to get a "VP Router" at all.

HOVRS doesn't work on my wireless Laptop.

Wayne Betts' friend's Chad Taylor tried to hook HOVRS on my Laptop
but it crashed down.

They worked for HOVRS.

As long as the VP is connected with wires all the way, should be no problem, So my suggestion is to have VP wired connected to your router, Best is with SR-200, and you can always connect your wireless router to SR-200, and disable the DHCP server on your wireless router, and do not use "WAN" port on your wireless router, then your wireless router will act as stand alone access point with switch mode.

Reason why SR-200 is best because it has default setting to work with VP, while the rest of router when reset, the default will disable DMZ and enable the firewall, thus will cause black screen on VP and/or inability to recieve incoming calls.

Back