Sooooo FRUSTRATING!!!! I hate my new hearing aid.

@adamsmomma - I ended up ditching the digital to go back to analog, and I couldn't be happier with the move. I posted another thread about this. :)

http://www.alldeaf.com/hearing-aids...01-soooo-happy-i-love-my-new-hearing-aid.html

@buzzair- Agreed. And the kicker? I never would have realized that digital wasn't sounding 100% right until I tried on my old analog when my Canta 7 went bust. My advice now is: try on a real analog if digital isn't working. You may just be pleasantly surprised depending on your hearing loss. :)

I have the same problem & you're right...sooooo frustrating. I got the phonak Smart V's about 7 months ago. I go into the audi office about once a month to get them cleaned - they just cut out when they just seem to want to - listening to TV, conversation or outside - not really when it's totally quiet. I do have an ear wax issue - need to get those blown out about 3 months.
But I don't get why these aids just cut out - they seem to have a mind of their own.

My audi says it's moisture due to humidity & the fact that the receiver is in the ear canal. I'm at the point where I'm looking to get new aids - no $ out of my pocket - they seemed to come around when I said I'll take my business elsewhere.

But now recommending bigger phoank unit with molded unit in ear with mic & receiver up in the BTE unit.

As I've read, I'll certainly have the audi check out the settings, but anyone else have these issues?

many thanks

I have the same problem & you're right...sooooo frustrating. I got the phonak Smart V's about 7 months ago. I go into the audi office about once a month to get them cleaned - they just cut out when they just seem to want to - listening to TV, conversation or outside - not really when it's totally quiet. I do have an ear wax issue - need to get those blown out about 3 months.
But I don't get why these aids just cut out - they seem to have a mind of their own.

My audi says it's moisture due to humidity & the fact that the receiver is in the ear canal. I'm at the point where I'm looking to get new aids - no $ out of my pocket - they seemed to come around when I said I'll take my business elsewhere.

But now recommending bigger phoank unit with molded unit in ear with mic & receiver up in the BTE unit.

As I've read, I'll certainly have the audi check out the settings, but anyone else have these issues?

many thanks

you have trouble tired on not work on hearing aid? I think so try trouble your tried, when how long start happen? I wonder you have issues problem! tried something!

When I first got my new Phonak hearing aid, I could hear wonderfully. Things were great - crisp, clear, perfect in many different situations and I could hear and understand everyone and everything. Now I can't. A couple of problems:

1. Windowblind effect

When things get loud, there would be a window blind effect like noise is going through a bunch of thin fluttery objects. Now, that no longer happens (or I'm not noticing it) and I'm having a damned hard time understanding people (including my mom, when I could understand her no problem far away and behind me when I first got it).

2. Normal mode: everything sounds like a cocoon

When external noise is loud enough (such as driving in the car on the freeway), everything starts sounding like I'm inside a cocoon. Everything sounds muffled and very crappy. I don't WANT THAT: I want to hear everything normally from waking up to when I go to sleep like I heard with my analog.

3. I'm having an increasingly hard time understanding people that I could hear perfectly when I first got it. Like my mom for example. I can't understand her anymore unless I can visually lipread what she's saying.

AAAGGGHHH. Why can't I go back to analog. Why do these stupid hearing aids have to require multiple trips to the audie to get them programmed just right. Why can't I just get a hearing aid where I can just SET IT AND FORGET IT and get to my life until the next major thing comes along in five years. Why does the ^*@#&ing industry have to go to digital just to remove a single part when it's been proven that my brain has been wired for and prefers the analog version. Why can't my audie carry analogs...they're gone from my audie's office now and they only have a power analog.

Sorry folks...I'm soooooooo frustrated right now I could scream.

I don't mean to be so negative but after figuring this out and finding it out I'm very angry at things right now. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

I hate my HA at times too! I really do not like it playing horrible music every time I put it on or beeping when I put the volume up! And I do not like the push button to use talk on the phone!

I know how you feel LOL
I tried on my old Siemens analogs before I got the Safaris this year (only on my left ear) and I had the Oticon Gaia on my right
and I also noticed my analogs still works
my mom says it's dead but she's wrong! heard the feedback sound on the old one though LOL
it may die on me if the battery's pretty low

Depending on the Model of your Phonak, it could have active learning on. My audi just turned it off, because it can really screw things up. if in the beginning you could hear better, and now you can't, thats what it is sounding like to me. let me know if you have any quesitons, I'm on my third set of phonaks.

I hate my HA at times too! I really do not like it playing horrible music every time I put it on or beeping when I put the volume up! And I do not like the push button to use talk on the phone!

I understand you adjust to pretty lots of issues serious! that is why high adjust to depend on HA because reason I am surprised high volume I know you upset and not happy becaue HA hard to for you!

I've had a lot of cutting out in my digital aid lately (my other ear has an older, analog one that still works beautifully - better than the digital one, actually!) It's frustrating -- I think it's the humidity. It just seems to have a mind of its own and cuts out whenever it comes into contact with loud or higher-pitched sounds. So when I want to listen to music, it conveniently shuts itself off! grr ... :(

Ah, hate that! I haven't had that problem for a long time, but it happened at first before the audi tweaked these HAs.

Also - and Jiro will love me for this - what sort of drying apparatus are you using? Jiro told me about the Dry and Store company, and I bought one of their devices, the "Global II." This has a light for sterilization, and a small fan for blowing hot air and drying the aids thoroughly. It works quite well. I don't actually notice that much of a difference in hearing, but I can certainly see that the tubes are totally moisture-free in the morning.

It might help if you're right about the humidity problem.

I have your most basic thing. The little jar of beads that you microwave ever so often. I'm el cheapo. :lol: Maybe I should be investing in something better than that!

Yup, you should. I used that little jar of beads for years. It was Jiro who laughed at me and told me I should pony up the cash for something better, and a few days later, at the HLAA convention, I saw these things in person, and ordered one.

Dry & Store :: Phone Orders or Questions 1-888-327-1299

Order yourself the combo kit with a year's supply of the "Dry Bricks."

If you are in a humid environment, especially, they work far better than the beads.

Thank you for the link!

(I can just see Jiro laughing at you, and now me next.) :lol:

I have your most basic thing. The little jar of beads that you microwave ever so often. I'm el cheapo. :lol: Maybe I should be investing in something better than that!

*smh*

yeah I've noticed humidity and digital HAs don't get along very well. Dry & Store is definitely handy to have to help with the humidity issues.

well I never had problems with my hearing aids in the humdity weather since my hair covers them :)

Back