Sony MyLo

rhr

Reaction score
Do you know hear Sony MyLo only Wi-Fi free service
support internet, messager, Skytype, player, etc..

www.mylo.com

good or bad? but I know it is only WI-FI

www.mylo.com

Mylo is TOTALLY RIPPED OFF!!!!

It will be bad if you don't own wireless router.

Very ugly design. woof woof! my paws over my face. yipe yipe!

Why would you want a wi-fi only product?

If it priced like less than a hunderd then it would be a nice thing to have to carry around the house to check messages/emails or surf while watching TV or check some movie times etc or make txt relay phone calls without dragging a laptop.

can the sidekick do wifi

I was looking at this product as a possible solution i live in an area with a lot of open wifi access points.

I have found there is a website that it can use that will allow it to use aim this allows for use of tty services via aim. This website shows the details of using aim on the mylo.

Sony Mylo Blog

I understand why so many people are very happy with their sidekick 3's they got them during the sales, and got low rates back when they signed up. Now I was looking at internet voice as well as email on a sidekick 3 I would be spending at least $200 and a $50 a month contract for a minimum of 2 years to get internet email and phone. If I'm not mistaken Sidekick does not have wifi enabled whether I'm in starbucks or on the street corner I am using the wireless phone connection. On top of that if I do not want to continue my service through TMobile they have an exclusive contract for that device I can't go to cingular or verizon later and use my sidekick still. If I have no plan I cannot even use it with wifi.

The mylo would allow me to connect anywhere there is a wireless connection. I am paying $300 one time for the ability to save money on monthly plans later. I can pay $100 a year to skype to get a real phone number voicemail and unlimited ingoing and out going calls if I want to use that feature. If not I don't have to, because I have email and internet as well as tty anywhere I go. This product lines up perfectly with the lower end sidekick and offers wifi, something sidekick has yet to offer even on high end models.

To those of you that think sidekicks are cheap look at the cost before the wireless company's discount and see how it compares to the mylo.

metamantis

I have read this model. It is a generic device.

For a T-Mobile Sidekick, it cost $99.99. It does not say that it is a version 3.

I am not forward to buy one personally. It is just disgrace that the pro baseball players on the website showing off their SK.

I am considering the iPhone - I haven't decided it yet.

www.mylo.com

rhr, I believe that Mylo is good for travel in USA only, Because there are many hotpots at Resturant, Foodfast, Library, Kinko, airport buildings, and even Hotel.

I honest with you, I wouldn't mind to buy this for travel and backup, if my BB don't work nor connect by tmoble coverage in area. ;)

But How about HTC device like 8525, and T-Mobile Wing have in-built WIFI?

Last edited:
rhr, I believe that Mylo is good for travel in USA only, Because there are many hotpots at Resturant, Foodfast, Library, Kinko, airport buildings, and even Hotel.

I honest with you, I wouldn't mind to buy this for travel and backup, if my BB don't work nor connect by tmoble coverage in area. ;)

But How about HTC device like 8525, and T-Mobile Wing have in-built WIFI?

Lot of hotspot require monthly membership like Kiko or Airport etc or you can pay like 20 dollar just for 24 hour 8-P

8525 PPC Dash etc all have wifi built in but anytime you turn on wifi in mobile pda devices it will drain battery quicker so you need to recharge more often.

I believe that you are right that it is necessary to have one so it might be better than nothing.

does anyone know if the wing has 802.11 b or g wirless or this simply another ploy where wifi means no wires as opposed to the standard computer meaning of the 802.11 standard.

If you stopped using their service would the wings still be able to access wifi.

My girlfriend and I don't have the money for the internet plan. We all ready use internet at home and use that in place of a phone line. In order to get internet you have to subscribe to a $50 a month plan and we have many choices for free wifi including piggybacking off peoples open access points for emergencies. After 6 months of paying for the service I would have completely payed off a mylo.

What most people do unfairly is compare the price you pay with a 2 year plan at tmobile to the price for the mylo if you removed all of the discounts, instant rebates, and mail in rebates you are paying more for the sidekick even the nerfed version than for the mylo. and you are committing to pay for the service for 2 years.

That's why I'm looking for a wifi option not a gsm based option.

metamantis

wait for 802.11n, it long-range than g or below. it would be much awesome as anyone can use wi-fi in long range than before in major cities.

Back