Sony confirms PSP Defects.

OUCH.....

I was thinking about picking up a PSP once I find some $ laying around.

I got to see a real working PSP at the GameCrazy last Thursday when the manager showed me his recently imported-direct-from-Japan machine. I held it with my own bare hands and I have to say the PSP is more amazing when you see and handle it in person! I'm willing to bet that Nintendo is really gonna piss in their pants once the PSP arrives in the USA this March. (Not to mention I'm seeing more UNSOLD Nintendo DS's at the stores recently!)

However the site noted that the North American PSP's will not have the same problems the launch PSP's had in Japan. I just hope the USA launch will be smoother with less defects than the Japan launch.....after all Sony had several months to prepare!

Now where is that damn original GBA I had laying around? I'm trading in the Nintendo for the PSP!

Err, if I were you... I'll wait.

It'll cost $250 bucks. Handheld systems often collect dust to begin with. Plus, expensive handheld systems don't usually fare too well. Anybody remember Game Gear, Nomad, TurboGrax and more?

Yeah, they all failed. Let's not hold our breath and hope that it'll succeed. Let's just wait and see.

Better to be safe than sorry, ya know. Buying something once it come out only to find out that it's a bad investment isn't something I like to deal with. I'm not saying that PSP is a bad investment, but it's something you should wait to see how it turn out on the market in North America, after all... this is Sony's first handheld system.

Plus, who really want to watch movies on a screen that small? An unnecessary feature, and will they be subtitled?

That's what I'm wondering.

what features does PSP have? would it be able to let me play ps1 & ps2 games on it as well? or do I have to buy new games for PSP only??

o0obluemoon0o0 said:
what features does PSP have? would it be able to let me play ps1 & ps2 games on it as well? or do I have to buy new games for PSP only??

No, PSP use smaller discs in protection cases. PSP have a ability to playing media files on memory sticks. Nothing new but just almost like Nintendo DS.

I'm no PSP fan. I simply knew Sony dont know how to deal with heldhand consoles before. Nintendo still strong experts with handheld consoles since oringial Game Boy.
To tell truth, I found some disappointment things in Nintendo DS like playing only GBA games, not GB or GBC games or missing features GBA had such as linkup port. Nintendo DS dont support wireless function for GBA games like Pokemon LeafGreen/FireRed versions.
I wont change your mind on PSP or force you buying DS. I only spend good time on making choices on video games like checking various reviews to see if which game enough worthly to be playing.
I almost jump over the line for new Armored Core: Formula Front on PSP. I'm rather stick with home consoles. I have enough handheld consoles in my room.

I was never really a fan of pocket games. The only two pocket consoles I have are the Atari Lynx and the Nintendo Gameboy Advance SP.

There will always be complaints about these little things. A friend of mine already got rid of his Nintendo DS because of the button settings. They're too close together and they expect us to play high-profile games on these little things? Heh!

Good thing they found this error so they can fix it for their later versions. ;)

Back