Son's CI surgery

besides the warranty isssue being a reason to not open the back up, when a newer better nucleus CI repplaces the freedom, if the back up has not been opened, you can trade it on for the upgrade. I know it will be years from now, but hey, we're not using it now/yet. Ya never know, may come in handy down the road.
Well, they are only handy if they are programmed. But I recall you are close to your mapping centre..

Lilly gets mapped at her school. It is about ten minutes from here. Worst case scenario, like a month or so ago, Lillys CI stops working on a weekend. We wait until monday, send it to school with her to get fixed/remapped.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I meant Frags, Lillys Dad and my daughter. I was typing too fast and didn't re-read what I wrote! Could you imagine having that many children with implants!! The cost of batteries alone would kill you!!

Ha ha about the batteries! :giggle:

WOW!!! Three children getting their implants close together! Won't it be cool if we have a "CI party" (instead of "birthday party") next year to celebrate? Cloggy, maybe you can start planning on a family vacation to America next year and celebrate with us??? :thumb:

Well, now that the holidays are over I'm getting back into my old routine and should be onboard more often. I miss you all...

Here is to a great 2007 to everyone!

WOW!!! Three children getting their implants close together! Won't it be cool if we have a "CI party" (instead of "birthday party") next year to celebrate? Cloggy, maybe you can start planning on a family vacation to America next year and celebrate with us??? :thumb:

Well, now that the holidays are over I'm getting back into my old routine and should be onboard more often. I miss you all...

Greema... happy New Year...

Vacation with you guys/girls...... tempting.....
Yeh, would be great meeting y'all

Victorias mom,

I should mention that not all CI centers provide 2 processors. It might be a good idea to check with your CI center to find out what their policy is. :)

The implant center did say that we get 2 processors, but they made a point of telling us to not open the second processor for any reason unless they specifically told us too. She brought up the warranty issue (like LillysDad stated), and also the fact that we could never switch it out with something better if it was opened.

Happy New Year to you also! I am sure a lot of people have taken a break from this board because of the holidays, I know I have!

It is funny that all three children are getting them within 2 weeks. I am getting nervous and excited. Your family and lillysdad have experienced this before, but I am sure you are still all so excited to have the second implant for the kids. One day down the line I may be talking about Victoria's second implant. I have a way to go though, I have to make it through the first one!

The implant center did say that we get 2 processors, but they made a point of telling us to not open the second processor for any reason unless they specifically told us too. She brought up the warranty issue (like LillysDad stated), and also the fact that we could never switch it out with something better if it was opened.

Your CI center gave you good advice! :) I received my first CI (N24 Contour Advance) only 5 months prior to the time the Freedom CI was released. Unfortunately, I didn't know about the upcoming Freedom until well after I received my N24CA. If I had known about the Freedom CI, I would have kept one of my 3Gs in its original packaging so I could trade it for a Freedom BTE. As it turned out, I received 2 Freedom processors with my second CI anyways, so everything worked out just the same. :)

Back