Sonic Boom Alarm Clock

illustrator

Reaction score
What th-! I hear Sonic boom stop sell clock alarm in black. They are sell in white model. :ugh:

seniorshops_1728_413190

I prefer black or dark sliver.

You mad about the color? You know at least it works. Who cares if not black. You should care that it works.

Yes, it works. But, it works terrible! I do not like the set up of the buttons. The ALARM OFF should be a switch, not a button. There have been times when my friends blindy tried to hit the SNOOZE button and accidentally hit the ALARM OFF button. Then, they sleep a bit more and oversleep. Another thing is the size of the LIGHT and SNOOZE button. Everyone knows that the SNOOZE button is the biggest button of all alarm clocks. Therefore, the SNOOZE button should be bigger than the LIGHT button.

Originally posted by VamPyroX
Yes, it works. But, it works terrible! I do not like the set up of the buttons. The ALARM OFF should be a switch, not a button. There have been times when my friends blindy tried to hit the SNOOZE button and accidentally hit the ALARM OFF button. Then, they sleep a bit more and oversleep. Another thing is the size of the LIGHT and SNOOZE button. Everyone knows that the SNOOZE button is the biggest button of all alarm clocks. Therefore, the SNOOZE button should be bigger than the LIGHT button.

lol.. you tell me...

I have several problem by time and time with misplace hit the button when I want to take few more minutes to sleep.

Originally posted by ColinTri
I do think the buttons are somewhat cumbersome and awkward. The snooze button needs to be put in a different position because sometimes, I accidentally hit the alarm off button. You can imagine my anger when I find out that I'm few hours late for my work!
EXACTLY! That has happened to me a couple of times!

Originally posted by VamPyroX

Why don't you design one, a better one then?

I have one, it broke twice in one year, I am on my third sonic boom alarm and right now the vibrator alarm does not work, I have to use the light for now.. grrr..

Originally posted by BostonIceFire
I have one, it broke twice in one year, I am on my third sonic boom alarm and right now the vibrator alarm does not work, I have to use the light for now.. grrr..

mine is third, too! I notice the last one, the plug for vibrator went loose. It don't make sense. Unless, it been melt?? :dunno:

I have no idea but I'm tired of buying and buying another one. So... the light alarm part has been working good for me so far.

Those suck... I had to replace the vibrator year after year cuz the wire got worn. And I once broke the first one by dropping it accidentally, so we got it replaced with another one (same model). Still had probs having to replace the vibrators even with the new one, I ran through 3 vibrators total in a three to four years time.

I now use an "Alertmaster AM-6000" which is a better model and the vibrator is still the same one I've used since the first day of college. Plus it includes a door flasher bell like thing with the clock. You can even hook up the phone to that alarm to alert you to incoming calls. However, I wish the alarms would come in colors instead of just one or two colors (my favorite color is blue!!!!!!). I've been using the Alertmaster for two years now, and approaching my third year with it this coming August. There's no snooze button but it goes off again and again every few minutes until you turn off the alarm (with the switch).

I use one of those Hal-Hen vibration clock.

Sometimes I use my computer to open a cdrom which would press a button on this clock to make it vibrate. It is useful for someone sending me a IM and my computer opens this cdrom. hehehe

Originally posted by deafgal01
Those suck... I had to replace the vibrator year after year cuz the wire got worn. And I once broke the first one by dropping it accidentally, so we got it replaced with another one (same model). Still had probs having to replace the vibrators even with the new one, I ran through 3 vibrators total in a three to four years time.

I now use an "Alertmaster AM-6000" which is a better model and the vibrator is still the same one I've used since the first day of college. Plus it includes a door flasher bell like thing with the clock. You can even hook up the phone to that alarm to alert you to incoming calls. However, I wish the alarms would come in colors instead of just one or two colors (my favorite color is blue!!!!!!). I've been using the Alertmaster for two years now, and approaching my third year with it this coming August. There's no snooze button but it goes off again and again every few minutes until you turn off the alarm (with the switch).

This device, indeed, is very expensive! It cost $179.95 (US). Maybe I should try Access 3. It's narrow expensive between Sonic Boom and Alertmaster AM-6000. But bad thing about Acess 3 is... it doesn't include vibrator. :|

I have (black) Sonic Boom for couple of years now and am noticing a problem with my alarm clock for the past year. It appear that anytime I lie in bed resting or watching t.v. in the bedroom my alarm goes off itself even when my alarm is OFF. It likes to vibrate once or twice on its own for no reason. I ignored that problem because I thought it had something to do with my parents' electric circut, but now I live in a condo with my husband and it's still doing that, too. :dunno: It is sure :crazy: though.

I always liked the red led better than green led. I find green led too bright for me to go to sleep. If I'm to get a new alarm clock then I'm definitely getting a different kind, and not the Sonic Boom coz I'm not impressed/happy with it.

Originally posted by Katzie
I have (black) Sonic Boom for couple of years now and am noticing a problem with my alarm clock for the past year. It appear that anytime I lie in bed resting or watching t.v. in the bedroom my alarm goes off itself even when my alarm is OFF. It likes to vibrate once or twice on its own for no reason. I ignored that problem because I thought it had something to do with my parents' electric circut, but now I live in a condo with my husband and it's still doing that, too. :dunno: It is sure :crazy: though.

I always liked the red led better than green led. I find green led too bright for me to go to sleep. If I'm to get a new alarm clock then I'm definitely getting a different kind, and not the Sonic Boom coz I'm not impressed/happy with it.

Maybe the clock is haunted. :laugh2:

Originally posted by Katzie

supposly, you must be happy to have hearing husband who being your slave by wake you up for rest of your lifes. :mrgreen:

Originally posted by illustrator
supposly, you must be happy to have hearing husband who being your slave by wake you up for rest of your lifes. :mrgreen:

:eek:

Back