Songs on way to CI surgery (iPods too)

TheKnightRider

Reaction score
Hello!

I will be having surgery next week to install a Nucleus Freedom CI in my left ear. I was thinking of the most appropriate song to play in my car while on the drive to the hospital for the surgery! Off the top of my head, I can't think of a better song than "A Whole New World," the highlight of the Aladdin movie soundtrack. :cool2: Do you have other suggestions?

With me being bimodal after the upcoming surgery (wearing a digital hearing aide in my right ear), what are the options in terms of listening to an iPod? Should I continue to use the HATIS Hearing Aid Compatible Dual-Piece Headset (from Soundbytes) that I use with the t-switch on the HA, or is there a iPod product designed for bimodal users? Thanks!!

I don't think there is anything designed for bimodal users. I ended up buying a DAI boot and cable for my hearing aid and a y connector from radio shack. I plugged the y connector into the Ipod and then connected the DAI cable to one side of the connector and then the personal audio cable for the CI on the other side. I liked this the best.

The HATIS dual earhooks worked for me with CI ( although I did had a mono which got stolen. and I didn't replace it yet.)

I have my own Ipod. Before ci surgery, I can't hear anything with Ipod when I wore HA. Because The HA with earphone isn't fit. Until I got my CI turned it on for activate day. The audiologist gave me the box of CI supplies, accessories, extra batteries, dry store and etc. I got my audio aparter connection on ipod and TV. I switched the program to "EA". You will see when you go receive CI and turn it on activate. That is cool stuff! I love it! You will have two sound processors.

Back