Somewhat stale news: Hands on graphical user interface similar to stuff from movies

naisho

Forum Disorders M.D.,Ph.D
Reaction score
Remember the PC interface from the movie Minority Report, Iron-man or from the recently shown Quantum of Solace?

FOXNews.com - 'Minority Report' Computer Interface Becomes Reality - Science News | Science & Technology | Technology News

Well, seems like there's already been works on making this real for some time. There's a display available on youtube. The company that makes this is called Oblong industries. This O/S is called g-speak.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyMVZqJk8s4"]YouTube - g-speak - minority report os demo[/ame]

Can't wait to own one if it goes mainstream. Heck, I don't think I'll care if it goes mainstream or not, I'd rather hope to own one.

I wonder that it would be next for Apple users and, of course, IBM users. If we get that one in one day, then it means that we will need to build an additional building for our own house - for a big computer room with dark walls. Oh boy, it would cost more money for a new room than a "g/speak computer."

Back