somethings wrong with this picture....

dead money

Reaction score
......dontcha think?

Date Deaf People Near You
Deaf Singles Meet In Your City. Get In Touch. Join Them Now For FREE !
Disabled Dating - #1 Disabled Dating Community For People With Disabilities

thats one of the alldeaf ads on the top of the page.

LOL "date the disabled?" guess they couldnt find a better URL. Not that im offended here or anything but it sounds pretty fucked up.

Like deaf people are disabled or something....hmmm just thought id point that out.

Maybe Alex should have them change the wording to deaf/hoh if they wanna advertise here and it wouldn't be any skin off their nose cuz they just used the wrong terminology. I think Alex should screen all ads of this nature that go on this board.

That sounds a bit wrong... I've never considered deafness as a disability.

heres another one that brings the lulz!

Looking For a Career?
Disabled Job Opportunities Find the right job for you!
JobEnable

LOL "disabled" job opportunities. This is just too fucking funny. I mean who exactly is that supposed to attract? cater to? Sounds like handicapped wheelchair folks, not exactly the deaf.

......dontcha think?

Date Deaf People Near You
Deaf Singles Meet In Your City. Get In Touch. Join Them Now For FREE !
Disabled Dating - #1 Disabled Dating Community For People With Disabilities

thats one of the alldeaf ads on the top of the page.

LOL "date the disabled?" guess they couldnt find a better URL. Not that im offended here or anything but it sounds pretty fucked up.

Like deaf people are disabled or something....hmmm just thought id point that out.

I didnt see that ad but, are you sure its not an ad by google? Because if it is, then google sends those ads depending on the words used on this web page. If thats the case, then they might be just matching their ads with different keywords in order to reach a broader user base. If you go to their website you will see its doesnt even mention deaf people there, nor I think its designed for it. They might have different ad texts shown depending on the keywords calling the ad.

tousi said:
Maybe Alex should have them change the wording to deaf/hoh if they wanna advertise here and it wouldn't be any skin off their nose cuz they just used the wrong terminology. I think Alex should screen all ads of this nature that go on this board.

I think Alex chooses the ads that is going to sponsor the site. I usually see Sprint Relay there at the very top. All other ads are coming from google and they are all automatic. Google doesnt screen the ads terminology. They are only concerned if ad is legal or not. Alex also can not screen the terminology because if he excludes the word deaf or disabled then all the ads matched with these keywords will be left out regardless.

-

Back