Something from your childhood

My most favorite toy I had when I was little was my Chatty Cathy doll.

We also used cardboard boxes to build all kinds of things. We were a family that lived for cardboard boxes, aluminum foil and tape. Forgot to add, we also had the brass fasteners.

my brother like mecano...still think lego clever,generations of kids enjoyed got pleasure out of small plastic bricks..childs imagination dont need expensive toys

Some of the things in this thread are still around.....

One thing that changed over the years that bugs me though is Legos. You can't just buy a box of legos anymore, they come in set to build some specific thing, and they charge insane amounts of money for them!!!!

Thats Erector set, get the idea instead of wrong idea. ;)

2hq8qxf.jpg

Thats Erector set, get the idea instead of wrong idea. ;)
Yes. Back in those days, there were no warnings on the box. Look at how hazardous this product looks; compared to the soft rounded forms, made of plastic, that kids play with today.

:wave:the old Legos...I know already mentioned but I really liked them.
and Lincoln Logs...Tonka trucks...and I had some little toy car with a key that you pulled it out and it made the car shoot forward. I used to make ramps with books and my pillow and stuff.

I used to have this:

6. Belt Buckle Gun
In 1959, Mattel introduced the
Belt Buckle Derringer Toy Gun.

To unsuspecting badguys, this unique belt buckle looked harmless. But when the user extended his stomach, the gun swung out, firing a toy bullet and a cap.

Unfortunately, the caps could be accidentally ignited by friction and cause serious burns.

Attachments

• beltgun.jpg
    beltgun.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 6
I am moving, so I already packed it thus can't take the picture but I still have
these singles and doubles 45 rpm on plastics and vinyl postcards
from the 60-ties:

1283002365_50528642_1-Zdjecia--POCZToWKI-DWIeKOWE-1283002365.jpg

e003.jpg

(it says: congratulations/best wishes on your name-day - a name-day is like birthday, except it happens on a day corresponding with a name like yours in the calendar,
For example if your name is Stephen, and say on October 14 is St Stephen's then is your name day.
)

Also, I still have my doll my dad brought me from France when I was about 12- 13 y old -a hippie doll
amom21054.jpg

that was looooong time ago lololol

Fuzzy

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EshrR-xk2E]Teddy Ruxpin Commercial - YouTube[/ame]

It's kinda creepy looking at Teddy Ruxpin now, but I loooooved it growing up

Hubby still has two sets from his childhood:

2. Lawn Darts
Heavily weighted and solid metal, Lawn Darts can pierce whatever they strike! Lawn darts have been responsible for over 7,000 injuries. On December 19, 1988, the Consumer Product Safety Commission banned lawn darts from sale in the United States.

Attachments

• lawndartsbb.jpg
    lawndartsbb.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 3
Did anyone have this:

1. Atomic Energy
Laboratory
In 1951, A.C. Gilbert, inventor of the ERECTOR set, released the U-238 Atomic Energy Lab. Using real radioactive materials, one could witness mist trails created by particles of ionizing radiation.

The set included four Uranium-bearing ore samples, and originally sold for $49.50.

Attachments

• atomicsetbb.jpg
    atomicsetbb.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 2
When we were growning up a family of 7 ,we knew what the standing on the corner till it got dark,using our imagination. the making of a gun with our fingers.. rolling in the dirt. and helping pull weeds out of the sidewalk.. We all had chores and homework after school , knew every kid for miles, and waking up christmas with One gift our mom had saved for and one she had made for us.. and yes we loved the card board boxs, my brothers put me in one on top of the old barn and slide me down head first. broke my face up . my mom like to killed them.. and a switch was a limb off the tree WE had to go get to get a licken.. cloths were made by mom and handme downs was our birthday present.. We loved..

Here are another few I used to get.

From the ice-cream truck that stops around the neighborhood:
tumblr_ludkg93fIJ1r66gjio1_500.jpg

mexicansnackspelon.jpg

Hubby still has two sets from his childhood:

2. Lawn Darts
Heavily weighted and solid metal, Lawn Darts can pierce whatever they strike! Lawn darts have been responsible for over 7,000 injuries. On December 19, 1988, the Consumer Product Safety Commission banned lawn darts from sale in the United States.
I remember playing lawn darts too. Ours were huge! I didn't remember being afraid of them as a kid.

Did anyone have this:

1. Atomic Energy
Laboratory
In 1951, A.C. Gilbert, inventor of the ERECTOR set, released the U-238 Atomic Energy Lab. Using real radioactive materials, one could witness mist trails created by particles of ionizing radiation.

The set included four Uranium-bearing ore samples, and originally sold for $49.50.

I have never seen this toy. I can't imagine kids playing with uranium samples. Maybe they never surrived to tell the story :ugh:

Had one of these. I recommend to get your kids one if you want them to be a whiz kid.

MRT8IsO.jpg

Did anyone have this:

1. Atomic Energy
Laboratory

Wow, $50 in the 50's and 60's would be a fortune. No wonder I never saw this thing under the tree.

I have never seen this toy. I can't imagine kids playing with uranium samples. Maybe they never surrived to tell the story :ugh:
I never saw it either. It would be interesting to track the health of those kids who did get them.

Can you imagine if someone wanting to make dirty suitcase bombs got hold of these today? :eek3:

My friends and I would play with this thing for hours. We could do all kinds of tricks and stuff

Attachments

• Pogo-Bal.jpg
    Pogo-Bal.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 4
Back