Some unusual q's

Vivie

Reaction score
:wave:

I got my long coil from friends..I see no difference in map...

although my audie is saying that map needs changing if i'm going to use long coil ( only when I need to though )

is that true or is another myth so everyone wears ci the recommended way ?

probably Lotte's dad will answer that...

for me it's a relief..no weight in ear , no worrying I'll lose the implant , I can ride my motorbike without altering the helmet ( what my audie recommended , which is ILLEGAL! ) I can go about and around without constantly checking CI...I'm just wondering about mapping difference..

I do recall that Lotte's dad and Charlotte here are the ones wearing it..

I think its a myth....

I use a long coil for nursery placement because its the only coil in brown hehe

No I didn't have anything changed for the long coil. I used same program. There is no difference in sound quaility.

That's what I thought too...audie busted!

some audies shouldn't be so persistent...hmm! definitely not going back to him now..I'll send in my ci for old mapping and that's end of story!

I tried googleing but I could not find it , What is a long coil?

Depending on how your map is set up, you may need a different map.

Some of the maps can be set up for diectionality for listening in noisy environments. If you reposition the processor by changing the direction or location where it is located, it might not provide the sounds you want to hear.

The Audi may want to change the map to a general one that has no specalized programming.

I don't remember what the directionality maps are called since I don't use them. I think it is Focus but am probably wrong. Might be worth a call to your audi.

Steve

SteveESP2 , I do have Focus , but I rarely use it ..VERY rarely as it's not really helping me..

Vivie,

I don't use any of the special programs. I have not run into one that works better than just the base settings with manual controls. I have worked at trying to make sure my map is as good as I can get it. I for the most part use manual controls as well since when I have them set right, I can hear pretty well. The only time I could use auto sensitivity is in the car since the wind noise sometimes gets to be a little to much.

Steve

Back