Some of my Mosaics

NEWIDME

Reaction score
I have more but no soft copies. The cross one was a gift to my neice for her first communion. My exhusband, who is roman catholic should have told me that the Dove was supposed to be coming down from Heaven, not going up. My neice and her dad said that was ok, they loved it anyway and proudly have it hung up in her bedroom. See? I don't know everything, man!!!

katiemosaic2.jpg

This one I created for my mom for xmas last year - - it was a biggie.
Dsc00540.jpg

Nice example of ancient art form. Have you done portraits in mosaic?

no portraits. I am pretty much abstract. I can do shapes and stuff but no real stuff. Thanks for looking at em, though.

wanna simple solution? turn the frame upside down.

just kidding. cool work newidme, how long did it took you each?

wanna simple solution? turn the frame upside down.

just kidding. cool work newidme, how long did it took you each?

Seriously, I have done that! I will be sure to take my camera home and show you the one I can turn upside down or "side way over".

The cross one took a week or so to prepare everything for - - cuting the tiles, outling the cross, doing the dove. It took 3 days from gluing, grouting, cleaning, and shining! I always mess up my nails when I do one.

The big one for my mom took a couple of weeks....it was huge!

Wow - awesome pieces of work! I love doing mosiacs myself so it is nice to see someone into it like I am. :wave: I wil have to ask you for some tips though :)

By the way - Im Roman Catholic as well and the dove being in wrong direction doesnt faze me at all. Nothing to sweat over :)

Wow, that is pretty neat mosaics work. :)

I remember cutting glasses making a cat face - it was fun! (not sure if it's same with mosaics).

the large one is pretty neat. beautiful work. maybe someday you can teach me how to!

By the way - Im Roman Catholic as well and the dove being in wrong direction doesnt faze me at all. Nothing to sweat over :)

Thank you because I was kinda bugged by it and now I see it in church where the Dove comes down! ugh. I am a year new in church, so the symbol stuff is new still to me.

Thanks all - - and yes, making cat face is mosiac!

I love the mosaics! I know how to make them. It's easy!!! Do you want to see my pictures of Mosaics?? Don't steal my idea. LoL

How much do you sell your artwork for?

It depend on weight, size and how long it take a hours.
If you want to buy a small stuff it cost about 6 to 20 dollars. If you want to buy a big for hanging on the wall. it will be cost about 30 to 500 dollars. It depend on work for hours and days. You know I mean? If it's easy to make a fast. It will be lower price.

Awesome mosaics. Two years ago was teaching my students to make a mosiac for our special wall in the school ground and they came out great and is put onto the wall. It a special place for anyone to go and sit and ponder or to take some time out and just look at all the mosiacs that are around it. Very relaxing place.

It depend on weight, size and how long it take a hours.
If you want to buy a small stuff it cost about 6 to 20 dollars. If you want to buy a big for hanging on the wall. it will be cost about 30 to 500 dollars. It depend on work for hours and days. You know I mean? If it's easy to make a fast. It will be lower price.

Do you have a website where we can look at more of your artwork??

Do you have a website where we can look at more of your artwork??

I personally work on Jewelry Making more than Mosaics. My husband wanted me to work on jewelry more than mosaics. I was alike okay. My husband is go to running my jewelry business. He is work for build on my website. I will let you know when I am done. I have many pictures of jewelry on his macbook. I can't put these pictures on PC because of limited memory. I have to ask my husband to send all pictures in my login from his login. He is work at evening. That's suck! He isn't happy about his 2nd shift at work.

Awesome mosaics. Two years ago was teaching my students to make a mosiac for our special wall in the school ground and they came out great and is put onto the wall. It a special place for anyone to go and sit and ponder or to take some time out and just look at all the mosiacs that are around it. Very relaxing place.

I love mosaics either but I am work on jewelry mostly. If I have a kids. I will teach them how to make a mosaics and grout for stepping on stone.

My exhusband, who is roman catholic should have told me that the Dove was supposed to be coming down from Heaven, not going up.

I was promised that Princes of Peace would inherit the earth. You did good.

Back