Some Captioning to End?

Why don't you file pentions (sp) formal write the letter and let everyones sign their name and address.

You can rights to ask Deaf people and to sign it.. when likely over million around the states.. pass it around until reach 20K over whatever.. then mail it out to gov't Shown them how much you really fight for your rights and wanted stay stick with close captions ?

1) number one what do you really want have good excellent reasons..
2) number two, How do you feel enforement others hearing people can watch and hear too what about Deaf people cannot hear what T.V. program talk'n about??? IS THAT YOUR FEELING RIGHTS!
3)Number three.. Anything you wants push them of your RIGHTS!

Do it.! I know you can do it. *wink*
*hmmmmmmmmmm*

EMAILS forward isn't helps.. because to much ffffff "fwd" can be lead to JUNK MAIL OR fake email.. ONLY THE WAY IS.. WRITTEN BY YOUR OWN HANDS.. proven that you really want protest it! :applause:

CyberRed said:
Yep, I already know all about it. *Sigh* Welcome to the New World Order !The United Nations in NYC is tryin' to change our "Constitution"... to destroy our "Bill of Rights", "Rights of Privacy" ...etc,etc. Deafies like us are goin' to be like "holocaust" Jews, "holocaust" black people (those who used to be slaves in the past)... and so forth. The Gov't people don't think that it is necessary for the deaf people to access C.C., because they think it wasted their $$. So, they are usin' that $$ to go somewhere else. Much the same with interpreter services, the Gov't people will cut the funds as well.

Well,

Suppose if the Goverment people can not hear either and then sudden changed their mind to have all CC....How would that make them feel if someone decide it was not necessary to waste $$ on CC?... :cool:

^Angel^ said:
Well,

Suppose if the Goverment people can not hear either and then sudden changed their mind to have all CC....How would that make them feel if someone decide it was not necessary to waste $$ on CC?... :cool:

Yeah, I know what you mean. It's all their "politic" games...*Chuckles*...or shall I say "Politically Incorrect" ? It's why our country is in deep debts (Gov't owed over 1.4 trillion dollars)...they are tryin' to look for a way out. I wish the "Federal Reserved" Gov't wasn't established in years ago, so this way it wouldn't have happened. We are in a BIG mess ... wonderin' who is goin' to clean all that up, hmm? Not even a single "Rhodes Scholar" President. I will show you "something" one of these days. *Smile*

Its look hoax to me because they cannot closed down or just simple turn off the closed caption. It require by ADA law that media or the television network to get their own caption machine to able access the words pop up on the tv. Federal has helped us and the television network for pretty long that they and we fight. In 2006 or something like that will require all caption in each sence. Right now, I heard that they were discussing about how to typing in English or just using our language. Lot of the people disagree due the senior age's ear become profound. Lot of parents disagree due the deaf childern need improve with English verison reading.

I agree with federal about let the business (television network) responible or otherwise FCC will do something about this one. Right now, FCC just add in few months ago to demand the all website that relate with video under big network such as NBC or something to provide closed caption due aware what happen around the world. Most network disagree with FCC's demand because they think television is enough. However, it will force to provide the caption on website into video or format avi. I think thats wonderful because Microsoft company already design for caption option provide for video thru website or internet. For example; you want to download the trail movie about upcoming and you want to know what is going be about. all you see is mouth moving, expression, and colors. You might want know what is this all about before you let your money be waste.

It will help the American to improve our employee to increase such as hiring the typier for caption.* I think *

Ok, Angel ...I got 2 links that maybe you want to read them for your own benefical. It would be a good idea if, you want to print them out for your future benefits. It has everything in it to tell. You would KNOW when the Gov't people play their games or not when you have those informations with you. It's easier to tell this way just like I did with the bible via world. :mrgreen: Other ADers are welcome to print them out, if they would like.
Ok... here are the links I want to copy and paste here

http://www.captions.org/caplaw.cfm
http://www.caption2000.com/law.htm

Your welcome, Angel :mrgreen:

Boult & Tekkmortal ... I just joined this site last month. So, I have no idea if we have other thread like this somewhere. *Chuckles* You both guys have a good brains to remma... wow! :laugh2:

Sabrina said:
Caption Cutback is "Major Setback"
By Leonard Hall

Deaf people across the country received bad news from the federal government on captioning of popular television shows.

National Association of the Deaf (NAD) delivered the bad news by a press release stating that the U.S. Department of Education has declared more than 200 popular television programs inappropriate for captioning. The department claimed the shows don't fit the required definition of "educational, news or informational" programming (read more)

http://www.deafnewspaper.com/home/closedcaptions2.html

Ahh This newspaper was made old.. When did you found this site ???
Right about CyberRed and Boult too..
Be careful don't jump coulusin (sp).. ehheh :laugh2:
By the way nobody perfect posting here.. sometimes can may be mistake..
No worries Sabrina

Important- Please read!

I know I haven't posted in months, but I just read this a minute ago and I think it's too important for you all not to see. I also know this likely isn't the correct place to post this, but my reasoning for putting it here is that more of you read the General Messages than anything else on the board. Rights are being violated in disgusting ways by our president and something has to be done. It doesn't even make sense!

Censor 'Scooby-Doo'? Words fail

By Dan Moffett, Palm Beach Post Editorial Writer
Sunday, February 8, 2004

The Bush administration has decided that people with
bad hearing have bad judgment, too, and need special
guidance from the federal government.

So the U.S. Department of Education is declaring about
200 television programs inappropriate for
closed-captioning and denying federal grant requests
to make them accessible to the hearing-impaired.

The department made its decisions based on the
recommendations of a five-member panel. Who the five
members are, only the government seems to know, and it
isn't saying. But the shows they censored suggest a
perspective that is Talibanesque.

The government is refusing to caption Bewitched and I
Dream of Jeannie, apparently fearing that the deaf
would fall prey to witchcraft if they viewed the
classic sitcoms.

Your government also believes that Law & Order is too
intense for the hard-of-hearing. So is Power Rangers.
You can rest easy knowing that your federal tax
dollars aren't being spent to promote Sanford and Son,
Judge Wapner's Animal Court and The Loretta Young Show
within the deaf community. Kids with hearing problems
can forget about watching Teenage Mutant Ninja
Turtles, classic cartoons or Nickelodeon features.
Even Roy Rogers and Robin Hood are out.

Sports programming took a heavy hit, too. The
government has decided that people with hearing
problems don't need to watch NASCAR, Major League
Baseball, the National Basketball Association, the
National Football League or Professional Golf
Association tournaments.

The National Association of the Deaf says the
government used to caption these shows but abruptly
changed course, deciding that the shows don't fit the
required definition of "educational, news or
informational" programming.

"They've suddenly narrowed down the definition of
those three kinds of programming without public
input," says Kelby Brick, director of the NAD's law
and advocacy center. "Basically, the department wants
to limit captioning to puritan shows. The department
wants to ensure that deaf and hard-of-hearing
individuals are not exposed to any non-puritan
programming. Never mind that the rest of the country
is allowed to be exposed."

How imperiled the nation might be if The Simpsons and
Malcolm in the Middle reached into the living rooms of
the impressionable hard-of-hearing. Or, for that
matter, Scooby-Doo.

The censorship raises baffling questions about who
gets in and who's left out. The government has
rejected Nancy Drew but is accepting Andy Hardy. Cory
the Clown has won approval, but the Cisco Kid is
toast. Charlie Rose and Rod Serling are worthy of
captions, but Catherine Crier and Dominick Dunne
aren't. Go figure.

The Department of Education is refusing to reveal the
names of the panel members whose opinions determined
the caption grants and also won't disclose the new
guidelines. By every appearance, the government has
changed its definition of what constitutes a
caption-worthy program. But it's keeping the new rules
secret.

"They apparently used a panel of five individuals and
then made the censorship decisions based on the
individuals' recommendations," Mr. Brick says. "We
have found the identity of one of the panelists. This
individual tells us that he never knew he was on such
a panel and that his views would be used for
censorship. No panel was convened. The five panelists
were contacted individually and separately."

It could be that people with bad hearing are new
casualties of the Bush administration's budget
priorities. Paying the Halliburton bills and sending a
man to Mars will be costly, perhaps equally so. It
could be that missing Bewitched and Law & Order is
just one sacrifice the deaf will have to make to
advance homeland security and fight terrorism.

The education department makes promises about "No
Child Left Behind," but it didn't say anything about
leaving behind people with bad hearing. Maybe they
should have seen this coming.

The NAD is lobbying Congress to change the policy.
Some networks and sponsors are stepping in and
providing captions for some of the "inappropriate"
shows. But the government's dismissive treatment of 28
million Americans defies words.

"We are outraged the department has taken
paternalistic steps to exclude deaf and
hard-of-hearing individuals," Mr. Brick says. "Such
censorship is offensive and insulting."

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/opinio...ions/sunday/opinion_0442326e064c624b0099.html

Hey!!! Many of us want to see them rerun with CC, I know I would like to see it again because old time, we not have CC in our time (60's - 70's).... Come on, hearing kids lucky to hear, not us!! We need to see what they say on that screen of tv shows. :(

Back