[SOLVED] TN5250 Mocha Emulator Print Screen--HELP!

Reba, did you try swapping out keyboard?

Not sure if I remember correctly, but did you have a macbook or OSX PC?
Did you want to try the OSX version?

From my hunch, I'm definitely certain it's related to the Mocha software itself rather than personal computer issues (hardware or conflicting software, etc). It would be pointless to head to campus too because it defeats the purpose of distance learning.

Although, you would be able to see if the PC's running Mocha there show the print operation thus could get your answer once and for all...
I'm getting it on my end, it just sounds as likely it's Mocha itself.

From my hunch, I'm definitely certain it's related to the Mocha software itself rather than personal computer issues (hardware or conflicting software, etc). It would be pointless to head to campus too because it defeats the purpose of distance learning.

Although, you would be able to see if the PC's running Mocha there show the print operation thus could get your answer once and for all...

OSX PC? LOL. It's call iMac or Mac Pro. There is no "PC" for Apple product. It's okay to call PC as it's osx86 only.

I have a MacBookPro OSX but I don't use it for the class. For classes, I use my HP desktop, Windows 7. We're required to use Windows 7 and IE for classes.

I agree. I sent an email to Mochasoft (sounds like a dessert) support in Denmark. We'll see what they say, if anything.

:ty:

OSX PC? LOL. It's call iMac or Mac Pro. There is no "PC" for Apple product. It's okay to call PC as it's osx86 only.
I think he meant, is it a laptop or a desktop hardware running OSX software.

:ty: :ty: :ty:

For everyone's help and suggestions.

I'm checking out all suggestions. :)

... It would be pointless to head to campus too because it defeats the purpose of distance learning....
Good point. One of my classmates is in Afghanistan . . . I know that he isn't coming to campus either. :giggle:

Yep, just a few minutes ago.

No change. :(

I also just sent an email to the Mocha support.

Ok, cuz sometime people completely over look that it could be a bad key.

Now there's one more step you can try, while you are in that website, go to Tools, internet options, then click on Security Tab, and click on 'Trusted Sites" then click on Sites button. Now, on the URL box, if you see HTTPS, Then go ahead click add button. If no "s" at the end of HTTP, then remove the check mark on the bottom, then click Add button. Then close it, then click Ok and then ok blah blah... now refresh this same Mocha access and try again.

Ok, cuz sometime people completely over look that it could be a bad key.

Now there's one more step you can try, while you are in that website, go to Tools, internet options, then click on Security Tab, and click on 'Trusted Sites" then click on Sites button. Now, on the URL box, if you see HTTPS, Then go ahead click add button. If no "s" at the end of HTTP, then remove the check mark on the bottom, then click Add button. Then close it, then click Ok and then ok blah blah... now refresh this same Mocha access and try again.
Done. :ty:

I still don't get the "message" display BUT at least now the X-PRINT WAIT message on the white no longer just flashes by but stays in view. I guess that's an improvement. :lol:

So, something did change. Not the full solution but a change.

From what I understand, the X-PRINT WAIT means that my computer is "waiting" for the IBM server to reply. Apparently, the server has not been replying to my computer (how rude!).

Well, I don't know what happened but when I tried to Print Screen again, it went back to the flashing mode. That's very disappointing. I thought we were making progress. :(

I checked, and it's still a trusted site, so I don't know what happened.

Mochasoft's reply to me:

mocha tn5250 is a terminal emulator. You cannot use it to send print jobs direct to your pc. You will need to install a tn3812 emulator on the PC. MochaSoft - TN3812 AS/400 Printer emulation for Vista/Windows 7

the missing message, could be a pre-help message. It will not be shown , if you have option "ignore pre-help state" enabled in tn5250, menu - tools - options - terminal

I did install the TN3812 binaries yesterday, but to set it up you also have to define the printer information from the AS400 server. Installing the software alone doesn't remedy the problem.

Just checkedbox the option! It fixes the problem:

Tools > Settings > Options > 'Ignore Prehelp error state' > unchecked and now it shows the message you want. :)

Tools > Settings > Options > 'Ignore Prehelp error state' > unchecked and now it shows the message you want. :)
PAH!

I just finished doing that at the same time you must have been posting! :lol:

Yes, it worked! I hope that is IT! :dance2:

I must send a thank you to Jan in Denmark. :D

Again, big :ty: to all of you who gave me ideas. Thank you so much for your time and effort.

Glad it is fixed. :party:

I have edited your topic title to be more accessible to anyone who is searching for a similar question in the future. Hope you do not mind me in doing so, there was barely any information out there for discussion boards on Mocha. :)

Glad it is fixed. :party:

I have edited your topic title to be more accessible to anyone who is searching for a similar question in the future. Hope you do not mind me in doing so, there was barely any information out there for discussion boards on Mocha. :)
No, I don't mind. :)

Back