Software tty on iphone

AlleyCat

Reaction score
Has anyone ever used this feature on the iPhone?

It asks for a relay number to use. I have no idea what number that would be.

I do not have an iPhone but using a physical TTY that is connected to a cell phone or landline in the US you can connect to your state relay service by dialing711. There are also toll free numbers that vary from state to state to reach that same state relay service. I suggest using a search engine such as Google to check for more detail from your state.

I was looking into getting an iPhone for the tty option and for the voicemail being converted to text. So if you figure it out please update. :)

It worked! I googled Minnesota's relay number and it gave me two options, an 800 number and also 711. So I put 711 into my phone, and when I use the phone option, I can dial into 711. I did a test call and the relay did pick up. Yay!

It worked! I googled Minnesota's relay number and it gave me two options, an 800 number and also 711. So I put 711 into my phone, and when I use the phone option, I can dial into 711. I did a test call and the relay did pick up. Yay!

I don't know about you but some are sure to want VCO. Did you happen to check that?

another concern.. will iphone software TTY answer calls (take messages) for any calls not answered (like voicemail ) and like landline tty's which can be set to answer calls with an automated greeting to leave a message. Also, wondering if the software TTY can answer calls and take messages while on the phone with another call? These are important questions to be answered to make using the software tty even more practical. Another thing is can software tty be integrated with other VOIP services like google voice MagicJack and NetTalk etc. that would be very helpful. I wonder what Google/Android will do in response.. will they create a software TTY which can be used with android Phones? that would be awesome.

Last edited:
Back