Software to "see" voice ..???

messymama

Reaction score
Hi there, my little one has just went to his audi's appointment and all went well. With his aids he seems to hear at 40-50db, including speech frequencies, so not bad considering he's profound in both ears.
He's not very interested in sound though, which I understand since he is very very visual, but he seems very interested in using his voice (he probably sees us and naturally wants to imitate what he sees). He has a hard time understanding what to do with his voice and sometimes becomes very nervous about it, so I though... Would a software that makes him "see" his voice on the pc screen help? Being so visual he may find easier to have a visual feedback of his vocalization rather than a mere auditory one... ? Plus, that would be a simple game and not therapy (he's not working on voice with his therapist at the moment). Just something different to do on rainy days :D
I was thinking about something like visual effect you have when you play music on the pc, you know, something colorful and moving, following sounds... But to be used in real time with a microphone.
Does anything like that even exist??? I have Ubuntu on my pc, but I could make a Windows partition if I could find a good software for this purpose.
Any help is welcome!

Back