Soda: Plastic bottle vs Aluminum can

Reba said:
I prefer glass bottles.

Here in Canada had glass bottles long time ago before 1990. they stopped no more glasses bottles anymore so only plastic bottles and cans.... I dunno why they stopped use bottles of glasses.

I never forgot to use glass bottles give it to the store to get a money only from 5 cent to 10 cent then grab candies when I was young under age 11 yrs old hahaha now dang I am 28 yrs old .. wish come back under age 11 so can collect more empty glass bottles and give to the store to get change money again lol :lol:

webexplorer said:
I prefer glass which is safe to drink.

Aluminum and plastic are not quite good. Aluminum is one of the health problem. Plastic (type #7) release tiny chemicals in the bottle when they are in the refrigerator. They are easy to carry and recycle them. Glass is also recycle, too.

A big plastic wated bottle connects a foundation for people to drink in the public - I forgot what it is called. This bottle contains #7 (blue plastic) which is bad. I haven't seen the blue one.
If that is the case, you shouldn't be eating the following...
  • bread
  • ketchup
  • mustard
  • candy
  • microwavable food
A lot of these are served in plastic containers. ;)

VamPyroX said:
If that is the case, you shouldn't be eating the following...
  • bread
  • ketchup
  • mustard
  • candy
  • microwavable food
A lot of these are served in plastic containers. ;)

Well, we are still alive. :D Ok. I mean about the plastic bottles. I don't know about that plastic bags, and I bet they are bad, too. I think that we could try the glass bowls for food storages in the refrigerator. Martha Stewart always use glass bottles and bowls for her refrigerator. I think she is right.

It does not matter as long as I get a soda.

Just do not leave a bottle in a ref longer or it will be flat.

I prefer cans over bottles due to taste and that it stay colder than bottles do.

Alumnium recycling.

Tousi said:
You can go ahead and try that and make a report to us; but, for now, the topic is speaking to aluminum vs plastic.
:D

They do! It's called Baking SODA. Now, if you're talking about pop...i.e. Coke, Pepsi...then, well, I don't have a preferred container. I just don't like soda. :barf:

VamPyroX said:
Aluminum makes soda taste like metal. Same thing.

Seriously, I don't taste any difference between the two. :dunno:
yes and I don't know the difference, either

I like the colder can, it's good for travel or parties once in a while, it's ok to use that for a special occasion. And I also like the bottle for a reasonable price, it's good daily for saving $$$.

Do you think that it is a good idea to pour your soda or beer in empty glass bottles and storage them in the refrigerator? I just thought of it.

pek1 said:
They do! It's called Baking SODA. Now, if you're talking about pop...i.e. Coke, Pepsi...then, well, I don't have a preferred container. I just don't like soda. :barf:

Pek,

Do you opt for water like me? I acquired some quite picky eating habits during my wannabe bodybuilder days and must say those habits have carried over.

The only time I break through those habits is when the word "fine cuisine" comes to mind. If food has the word "tagliatelle" in it, mmmmmmmm!

webexplorer said:
Do you think that it is a good idea to pour your soda or beer in empty glass bottles and storage them in the refrigerator? I just thought of it.
I think it will effect the carbonation.

Endymion said:
Pek,

Do you opt for water like me? I acquired some quite picky eating habits during my wannabe bodybuilder days and must say those habits have carried over.

The only time I break through those habits is when the word "fine cuisine" comes to mind. If food has the word "tagliatelle" in it, mmmmmmmm!

You reminded me that I need to start working out again, and when I do, I buy a gatorade or similar after I'm done. Pop makes me bloated, always has. Furthermore, I'm a sipper, not a drinker. If I were an alcoholic, I wouldn't be a success, because I don't drink, I sip. I also prefer coffee. :D

web730 said:
Your taste buds must be weak to notice the difference. :D
Or... it's in your head. ;)

Try having your friend pour some soda from a bottle into a cup and the same soda from a can into a cup. You drink both and tell him which you think is from the can or from the bottle.

To make it even more unpredictable... try both from the bottle or both from the can... or whatever possible to make it confusing.

I have a few friends who have preferences on how it's served... in the can or in the bottle. In reality, it's in their heads because they see what they're drinking the soda from.

Reba said:
I think it will effect the carbonation.
Yes. When the soda is exposed to open air for a certain amount of time, it loses its carbonation. The same thing applies when you have very little soda left in a bottle. It's like a 2-liter bottle. If it's at least half full, it will usually maintain its carbonation. If it's a lot less than half, then there's too much air and not enough pressure to keep the carbonation inside. That's why I'm picky with what I leave laying around. Some sodas taste good even after it loses its carbonation. ;)

VamPyroX said:
Aluminum makes soda taste like metal. Same thing.

Seriously, I don't taste any difference between the two. :dunno:
maybe you used to have teeth brace that give you a terrible experience. :]

Back