Social Security Headed for Bankruptcy by 2041

ravensteve1961 said:
I agree 60 should be an retirement age.
No way! That is too young. If a person is healthy, 60 is too young. I am only a few years away from that age, and I am not ready to retire.

I suggest people who are over 60 sell their homes and their real estate properties and live in a retirement community.
No thanks. I don't want to live with a bunch of old people.

Rteve, you sound like a Commie just about every time you open your mouth.

Tousi said:
Rteve, you sound like a Commie just about every time you open your mouth.
Its not commie,,Its plan common sence. The democrats did over 30 years of damage on social security. The only way to fix social security is to rebuild it. You have to make it 60 cause most us dont enjoy retirememt enough when you reach 65. Most of us die before 70.So i suggest them sell their homes and live in a retirement community.I think we should suspend social security for about 10- 15 years and then start all over again but this time do it right.That means NO WELFARE! NO FOOD STAMPS!! NO FREE HOUSING !!! If You need money a roof over your head or food then ,,,GET A JOB!! Unless you can prove you were a disabled vet during wartime, Disabled or if youre 60 .Reba you can move to a city you know.

ravensteve1961 said:
Its not commie,,Its plan common sence. The democrats did over 30 years of damage on social security. The only way to fix social security is to rebuild it. You have to make it 60 cause most us dont enjoy retirememt enough when you reach 65. Most of us die before 70.So i suggest them sell their homes and live in a retirement community.I think we should suspend social security for about 10- 15 years and then start all over again but this time do it right.That means NO WELFARE! NO FOOD STAMPS!! NO FREE HOUSING !!! If You need money a roof over your head or food then ,,,GET A JOB!! Unless you can prove you were a disabled vet during wartime, Disabled or if youre 60 .Reba you can move to a city you know.

Some people who have jobs make low income, and cannot afford food or housing rent, I see nothing wrong with people being on welfare as long they are honest how much they make on their jobs, and not using welfare's money on drugs and alcohol. You have to be able to be in their feet to understand. :)

ravensteve1961 said:
... You have to make it 60 cause most us dont enjoy retirememt enough when you reach 65. Most of us die before 70.So i suggest them sell their homes and live in a retirement community.
Ha, ha, moving into a retirement community is not my idea of "enjoying" retirement.

Reba you can move to a city you know.
No thank you. I will stay in my cottage in the 'burbs.

Cheri said:
Some people who have jobs make low income, and cannot afford food or housing rent, I see nothing wrong with people being on welfare as long they are honest how much they make on their jobs, and not using welfare's money on drugs and alcohol. You have to be able to be in their feet to understand. :)
Then you can work 2 full time jobs.
And you know why some people cant afford to live? ITS TAXES! Thats why
Reba said:
Ha, ha, moving into a retirement community is not my idea of "enjoying" retirement.
This is my idea of retirement.
e008418.jpg

ravensteve1961 said:
e008418.jpg

Was I talking about me? No Ravensteve, How can people work two full jobs when they are single parent? :confused:

Cheri said:
Was I talking about me? No Ravensteve, How can people work two full jobs when they are single parent? :confused:
Ever heard of family? You live with your parents if youre that god damn poor!

ravensteve1961 said:

Ravensteve, people can live on their own poor or not. I guess your are not ready to live on your own. :slap:

ravensteve1961 said:

That some insult, Ravensteve, Why are we talking about "me" When I didn't mention "me". :ugh2:

ravensteve1961 said:
I agree 60 should be an retirement age. I think its too late to save social security The only way i can see it saved is suspend social security for retirees for 10 years plus eliminate all welfare and make people invest in what they have. If you make over $100,000 a year you cannot quilify for social secuirty.
I suggest people who are over 60 sell their homes and their real estate properties and live in a retirement community. In 10 years start it over but this time eliminate all welfare the only people quilify for social secuirty if youre 60,A wartime disabled vet or disabled.

:crazy:
I would never sell my house and estate for that retirement community.

It's good meaningful for house owners because of free mortaged after finish off with 20 to 30 years mortaged payment. It mean that I have to pay the rent rest of my life if I live in retirement community. No thanks.

But "60" is STILL young. It doesn't mean that "60" give up everything to live retirement community because they are old. :crazy:

ravensteve1961 said:

Alot of single parent work to make an earn to support their family.

ravensteve1961, it aint helpful to blame or have a poor attitue.

back to topic, try to save some money in retirement funds. that way, u would be able to support urself retired in case social security files bankrupt.

ravensteve1961 said:

I thought, you would sell ABC fingerspell cards to the public to earn some money which is under the table ?

How can you earn a living under the table. If someone is handling you money dont you know the IRS can find out even you dont tell em? Its called your SS Number. If you fill out a form to live in an appartment they ask for your SS number. If you open your bank account they ask your SS Number.So theres no way to make a living and live out on your own without the IRS knowing about it.

ravensteve1961 said:
Many families didn't take their children in their houses if they couldn't afford.... Ever heard of economy-struggling families in America? The numbers of poor or economy-struggling familes are increasing annually in America. Some parents treated their children quite horrible, I am sure that they don't want to come back and live with their parents. Think rationally, please.

Cheri or whoever, check this out: http://www.thereisnocrisis.com/ -- it contains everything about Social Security included debunked Bush and his bots' nonsenses about 'Crisis' and other things.

Peace out.

Sabrina said:
I thought, you would sell ABC fingerspell cards to the public to earn some money which is under the table ?

Oh godness. I remember that. When I was kid and saw a few deaf people were selling their ASL cards at a train station and a bus station. I was so embarrassed to see that. It was in NYC and Boston. Gee. I hope they don't do that anymore. They should have received some food stamps and welfare which is better than that.

Liebling:-))) said:
I would never sell my house and estate for that retirement community.

It's good meaningful for house owners because of free mortaged after finish off with 20 to 30 years mortaged payment. It mean that I have to pay the rent rest of my life if I live in retirement community. No thanks.

You will be surprised. My neighbor is 72 years old. Her friend took her to a doctor for a physical exam. Her health is excellent expect her mind is fair. The doctor signed a paper to her friend for a power of authority. Now, my neighbor never knew that her house is now for sale. Her stuff are sent to an auction. Her friend sent her to the community for a temporary about six months. That was a lie. It is a permanant for her to stay there. I know her for 25 years, and her friend knows my neighbor for about five years. It was a trick plan. There is nothing that I can do about it. I guess that it is the reality.

Its TAXES why you cant afford to live. Like i said if yall voted for bob dole back in 1996 we wouldnt been in this mess. But noooooo,,,,You had to fall for more bullshit bill clinton promised you.

webexplorer said:
You will be surprised. My neighbor is 72 years old. Her friend took her to a doctor for a physical exam. Her health is excellent expect her mind is fair. The doctor signed a paper to her friend for a power of authority. Now, my neighbor never knew that her house is now for sale. Her stuff are sent to an auction. Her friend sent her to the community for a temporary about six months. That was a lie. It is a permanant for her to stay there. I know her for 25 years, and her friend knows my neighbor for about five years. It was a trick plan. There is nothing that I can do about it. I guess that it is the reality.

Your description sound that your neighbor's friend is legal guardian accord court for your neighour? Right?

If yes, I understand why your neighbour trust wrong person as legal guardian because she do anything what she wants (go to bank to draw your neighbor's money or sell your neighbor's house etc.) It's very sad that your neighbor trust wrong person whom she know for 5 years.

I will make sure our Will to be preparation legal thru Notary or lawyer that I wont lose my house to somebody who tried to be my legal guardian accord the law because I am too old to take care of myself hardly. I would pick my children as my legal guardian and will make sure that I get Right of residence to stay in my house as long as I am still alive. Nobody can't sell my house or throw me out of my house as long as I own right of residence.

Back