Social Security disability insolvency?

so instead of giving them food stamps... you prefer to say "uh too bad. not my problem" to single mom with kids to feed?

Maybe she should work like everyone else? I mean, my grandmother did and she was a single mom with 3 kids to feed.

and .... she survived the great depression.

The main problem with Social Security, regardless of who is President, is that it's a Ponzi scheme. It's bound to collapse at some point.

As long as everyone breeds consistently and puts money into the system we will have enough for the people who are still alive by the time they retire.

It could be a ponzi for all I care but in this set up it works out well.

Well, you would have to ask her. She has always worked (and she still does at the age of 87).

so for single moms with kids who could not find a job...

do you support food stamp program?

As long as everyone breeds consistently and puts money into the system we will have enough for the people who are still alive by the time they retire.

It could be a ponzi for all I care but in this set up it works out well.
The ratio of workers paying in to recipients collecting has already become unbalanced compared to when the program began. It will continue in that direction because the population of retirees is increasing, and the worker base is decreasing.

"They said the best data come from the Social Security Administration, which says that in 1950 there were 16.5 workers for each Social Security recipient. In 2011, the ratio is 2.9 workers for each recipient."

PolitiFact Georgia | Va. Senator says fewer workers supporting more Social Security retirees

Why aren't the fathers of the children supporting them?

jail? deceased? deadbeat? or mom was artificially-inseminated or kids were adopted. who knows.

In my grandmother's situation, her husband was a casualty of WWII. Let's just leave it at that .... he died. She was widowed with three kids to feed. She never went on any public assistance. She worked for a VA Hospital in Swayze, Indiana, many double shifts until my "grandpa" came in the picture. It was then she was able to go back to normal working hours with the combined income he provided.

jail? deceased? deadbeat? or mom was artificially-inseminated or kids were adopted. who knows.
What about the healthy living ones? Certainly there must be a few? If we can get them to support their families, then there will be more resources available for the truly destitute.

In my grandmother's situation, her husband was a casualty of WWII. Let's just leave it at that .... he died. She was widowed with three kids to feed. She never went on any public assistance. She worked for a VA Hospital in Swayze, Indiana, many double shifts until my "grandpa" came in the picture. It was then she was able to go back to normal working hours with the combined income he provided.
Your grandmother was a widow. Respectfully, you shouldn't call her a single mother.

Well, during WWII era, most women got jobs as more men went into war and USA was on way to economy recover from Great Depression so we are not on same situation as today.

Your grandmother was a widow. Respectfully, you shouldn't call her a single mother.

I didn't know there was a difference.

edit: I think I get it - she was a single mom to three kids, but the circumstances as to how she became a single mom were because she was widowed.

Well, during WWII era, most women got jobs as more men went into war and USA was on way to economy recover from Great Depression so we are not on same situation as today.

Well, we are in a better situation than we were then.

The ratio of workers paying in to recipients collecting has already become unbalanced compared to when the program began. It will continue in that direction because the population of retirees is increasing, and the worker base is decreasing.

"They said the best data come from the Social Security Administration, which says that in 1950 there were 16.5 workers for each Social Security recipient. In 2011, the ratio is 2.9 workers for each recipient."

PolitiFact Georgia | Va. Senator says fewer workers supporting more Social Security retirees

mmmmmmmmmm

Back