Social Security benefits to take 5.8% jump in 2009

5.8 is for 2009 only. it would be nice if we got 5.8 % every year wouldnt it ? :aw:

I just called the Social Security about my benefit plan, they told I have SSA, they say it's a very rare benefit plan, only few people got. SSA stands for Social Security Administration only for retirement, survivors and disability insurance. I qualified because of my disability and the under the death of my mother.

I just called the Social Security about my benefit plan, they told I have SSA, they say it's a very rare benefit plan, only few people got. SSA stands for Social Security Administration only for retirement, survivors and disability insurance. I qualified because of my disability and the under the death of my mother.

Nathan,

It sounds like you are receiving Social Security disability as well as survivor benefits (because of your mother's death).

You said you receive "SSA." Are you sure you don't mean "SSI?" (Supplemental Security Income)

The Social Security Administration (SSA) is an independent agency of the U.S. federal government that distributes Social Security payments.

Nathan,

It sounds like you are receiving Social Security disability as well as survivor benefits (because of your mother's death).

You said you receive "SSA." Are you sure you don't mean "SSI?" (Supplemental Security Income)

The Social Security Administration (SSA) is an independent agency of the U.S. federal government that distributes Social Security payments.
He said he collects SSA. I used to collected SSA till I got job then it stopped.

I used to receive SSA. It's no longer receive SSA anymore. Now, I receive SSDAC stand for Social Security Disabled for Adult and Child.

My dad died last 11 years ago. I has usher syndrome as Retina Disease

Nathan,

No I mean SSA, not SSI, that's what they told me. I asked them about SSI and they said that's not my benefits but I was once quafily for SSI but I'm over my income limit and because I'm outside of the USA. SSA pay alot more anyway. :D
BTW, SSA=(Social Security Administration) is another name for the agency as well as benefit plan.

Seriously yes there is SSA benefit, separate from SSI, there are several programs that SS offers that many are unaware of. I was not aware of SSA until 2 years ago.

Survivor benefit is more like part of will, when a parent work for x amount of years, and died before or during very early retirement, that money was supposed to support them until their age of around 78 and never used, so it goes to survivor of parent's child.

Nathan,

Seriously yes there is SSA benefit, separate from SSI, there are several programs that SS offers that many are unaware of. I was not aware of SSA until 2 years ago.

Survivor benefit is more like part of will, when a parent work for x amount of years, and died before or during very early retirement, that money was supposed to support them until their age of around 78 and never used, so it goes to survivor of parent's child.

Survivor benefits can also be given to an adult who is attending college whose parent(s) is/are deceased.

Food prices increased 8.7% on top of a 7.6% increase on 2007. Still, those on social security (i.e., senior citizens) cannot feed themselves. They'd, finally, given an increase? Sounds like a bunch of people wanting old people to die - quickly.

Back