So you don't even belong here.... Da da da.

*Nods briefly and smiles. Then turns back to a stack of paperwork in front of his computer that consists of social security forms, union retirement forms...* Mumbling something about not knowing you needed a college degree in "How to turn 65."

:giggle:

So has everyone gone from the corner then Berry? (Well you're still here and I'm still here sitting)

Oh I'll start a new corner thead...:D

Hi Berry and Milli :wave:
Berry I understand paperwork is no fun:aw:

Milli, I migrated, see your other post:lol:

Not just the paperwork.

To me being a bastard is not a swear word -- It is a birthright. The man my mother was married to was a greedy idiot who thought more of his land holdings in Europe than he did of his wife or his life in America. When it became clear the U.S. was going to get involved in the war in Europe he took off to save what he could from Hitler and Mussolini. What he did was lose his butt and was never heard from again.

So my mother hooked up with my father, whose name is not on my birth certificate. They ran off to Oregon where I was born.

Oregon doesn't want to give me the birth certificate unless I can tell them the name of my mother's husband, who is listed as my father. They want first, middle, and last names. Okay, I know his last name and can guess at his first, but the middle name? Don't even know if he had one.

Ancestry.com looked promising but has not helped.

Lighthouse77 sent texted me on skype the address of the California vital statistics office... and it occurred to me I am almost certain she was married in California -- If I can get a copy of her marriage license it will almost certainly have her husband's full name on it.

I have to hurry on this.. I need it by the end of the month.

Thank you, A. Unfortunately I could not dig up information about his name, but I did find out a couple of things about my mother's mother.

It was a good try, well worth the effort.

Not just the paperwork.

To me being a bastard is not a swear word -- It is a birthright. The man my mother was married to was a greedy idiot who thought more of his land holdings in Europe than he did of his wife or his life in America. When it became clear the U.S. was going to get involved in the war in Europe he took off to save what he could from Hitler and Mussolini. What he did was lose his butt and was never heard from again.

So my mother hooked up with my father, whose name is not on my birth certificate. They ran off to Oregon where I was born.

Oregon doesn't want to give me the birth certificate unless I can tell them the name of my mother's husband, who is listed as my father. They want first, middle, and last names. Okay, I know his last name and can guess at his first, but the middle name? Don't even know if he had one.

Ancestry.com looked promising but has not helped.

Lighthouse77 sent texted me on skype the address of the California vital statistics office... and it occurred to me I am almost certain she was married in California -- If I can get a copy of her marriage license it will almost certainly have her husband's full name on it.

I have to hurry on this.. I need it by the end of the month.

GL with this. I hope you find his full name.

:wave: Berry, glad to see you returning, although I know you're working on your search. I was thinking about that and wishing I had some ideas/help for you, too. I am hopeful you can get what you need and wish you the best, though! :aw:

Can't stay gone forever.

I will be so happy when this is over.

Thank you.

Back