So what does your Audiologist charge you for?

Gregor

Reaction score
Didn't want to hijack the other thread about finding HAs, but what does your audi charge you for after you're done the warranty period?

I found out my new audi charges $59.95 for every office visit, plus whatever work is done. I still haven't had my new HAs delivered, so I needed to get the tubing replaced on the old ones. They waived the office visit fee, since I was buying new HAs, but spending $90 to get the tubing replaced seems pretty outrageous - my old audi charged $20.

No names please, but I would appreciate knowing what others are paying for basic services...

$90 per visit is outrageous all right. You can easily get these tubes and a little clipping tool at low price and do the clipping yourself.

Yes. I do my own tubing. It is very easy. Here is where you can buy the materials.

Online Catalog

Look around there. You can buy tube spreaders, the little retaining rings, everything.

The problem with hearing clinics is that they often are affiliated with an organization which is responsible for setting service fees. For instance, AHIP (Association of Hearing Instrument Practitioners of Ontario) impose fees like dispensing which is at least $700 per hearing aid. It's basically a monopoly.

just replace tube yourself. buy tubes from them (also another outrageous price)

Damn, all these years and I didn't know I could do this myself!

How do I keep the tubes in the earmolds?

Damn, all these years and I didn't know I could do this myself!

How do I keep the tubes in the earmolds?

first - tell us what hearing aids you have

Thanks, everyone! I really appreciate the info.

I am wearing Phonak Exelia Ps, with hard earmolds. I am supposed to get a set of the Phonak Naida, but have not seen them. They were promised a week ago and I am still waiting.....

I got the new tubes installed for just the tubing. Office visit waived, but I don't want to have to pay that in the future. This is awesome info - I never realized I could do this myself - it's always a couple hours away from work to get it done.

Thanks, everyone! I really appreciate the info.

I am wearing Phonak Exelia Ps, with hard earmolds. I am supposed to get a set of the Phonak Naida, but have not seen them. They were promised a week ago and I am still waiting.....

I got the new tubes installed for just the tubing. Office visit waived, but I don't want to have to pay that in the future. This is awesome info - I never realized I could do this myself - it's always a couple hours away from work to get it done.

I feel lucky, My audiologist dosent charge me for office visits :aw: Ive been seeing her since I was 5-6 years old when I was diagnosed. She is like Family and has helped me a lot--very grateful!! :angel:

$90 per visit is outrageous all right. You can easily get these tubes and a little clipping tool at low price and do the clipping yourself.

Here they superglue the tubes in and charge $24 for doing both ears. They also let me go back if they are not quite right so I don't mind. I can't find anywhere locally to buy the tubes anyway.

I've only had to pay for new earmolds. I just switched audi's, however (and I LOVE her !!), not sure if she will be charging for tube replacements. No per-visit fee, etc.

my audie replaces the tubing for free, as part of ongoing maintenance of the hearing aids. other than that... I've never been charged for visits (adjustments, etc.). Just pay for new hearing aids or earmolds or repairs (well actually the office sends the bill to Medicaid for me, but before I had medicaid, I had to pay for earmolds, repairs taken cared of due to warranty). Not really sure if audie charges per visit... I know the ear doctors in the same office do, but I don't think the audie does. ah I don't know.

Yes. I do my own tubing. It is very easy. Here is where you can buy the materials.

Online Catalog

Look around there. You can buy tube spreaders, the little retaining rings, everything.

Would be nice if I can make my own earmolds! Going for the new ones can be tiresome, especially if the first ones didn't fit good.

Would be nice if I can make my own earmolds! Going for the new ones can be tiresome, especially if the first ones didn't fit good.

I have thought that too! But I haven't solved that problem yet.

I will replace new ear mould special will Aug I Hope be :lol:

Nothing....at all but it all comes out from tax.

Back