So what do you use your PC for?

Daft

Reaction score
I know this might be a rather stupid question, but what do you guys use your PCs for? I simply use it for surfing the Net, visit forums, getting my news, e-mail, and gaming.

I'm sure a lot of ppl are doing all kinds of cool and nifty things the rest of us really hadn't even thought of. So I was kind of wondering how else I could more integrate my PC into the household.

I use PC for internet, chat, gaming, working, etc.

Same applies to Mac too.

I use my computers for email, net research, photo management, translating hymns, shopping, and business (scheduling, invoicing, etc ). No games.

Reba,

Mind if I ask a couple of questions?

When you say you use your computer for shopping, do you mean you shop via the internet? Or do you mean you use it to make shopping lists, organize household items, etc?

For your invoicing and scheduling, which software package do you use?

Reba,

Mind if I ask a couple of questions?

When you say you use your computer for shopping, do you mean you shop via the internet? Or do you mean you use it to make shopping lists, organize household items, etc?
Shopping on the internet.

For making lists, I use good old-fashioned pen and paper. :)

For organizing, I use real folders and file cabinets, and my ever-faithful label maker (P-Touch).

For your invoicing and scheduling, which software package do you use?
For my terp work I use MS Office 2007 Excel for invoices. For scheduling I use my Yahoo calendar and synch it to my BlackBerry. There are other forms that use for work, and I usually prepare them on MS Office 2007 Word. I use MS Works Spreadsheet for invoicing our lawn care work (I started with it years ago and didn't see any reason to change it).

I designed a website for Hubby's business, just using the template provided. I used my own photos and text for the content.

I forgot to add that I use my PC for genealogy stuff. I use Family Tree Maker 2009 for that.

Programming, photoshopping and designing
Internet, email, movies - no games at all. (have PS3)
Storage and such

Internet, email, IM, few videochat, P3 and two businesses for selling equipments for hearing impaired customers and working for Purple. No games. Some photography and designer.

Internet, e-mail, video-chat, video-editting.

I use an old computer to act as a hub for media streaming to my Xbox 360.

Chat
Video phone through Skype to my family
Forums
Shopping: Clothes, food, you name it , they will bring it.
Read newspaper and email
Photo albums
Research
Read Large Print Books

Last edited:
1. Internet
2. Email
3. Google
4. Forums
5. Online Merchants
6. Online paybills
7. Gaming
8. Basic Photo and Video-editing
9. Storage for backup data safekeeping
10. Tweaking for my PC running overclocking.

dg

I designed a website for Hubby's business, just using the template provided. I used my own photos and text for the content.

28vr3eo.jpg

using.... template... for website? it's every web designer's nightmare to fix :lol:

28vr3eo.jpg

using.... template... for website? it's every web designer's nightmare to fix :lol:
His is very basic. He doesn't do business thru his website (no shopping cart). It's mostly to inform potential customers about his business and provide contact information.

I've been to a web design class, so I know the difference between a full-scale professional one and my amateur one. Hubby's is fine for his business. He's gotten good feedback on it.

I didn't use any stock images, and I think customers like the personal, individualized touch.

Wirelessly posted (Sidekick LX: Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

Playing a game, writing a story, reading & surfing around the Internet, and chatting with family, people & friends I know. :)

Oh, and drawing a picture too.

Last edited:
Wirelessly posted (Jolie77: Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 5.0; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

Ah, I use the pc for general purposes, like everyone does, to check emails, surf on various websites. It isn't much of anything, rather, than to use it for communication purposes.

I use pc for web browsing, watch movies, business, screwing around OS (linux and windows), and many more.

Catty

Back