So... what book are you currently reading?

whynatty

Reaction score
Just wondering to storm up a discussion. I'm reading "The Lovely Bones" by Alice Sebold. I like it so far, but it is a sad novel. Anybody read this one before?

Just wondering to storm up a discussion. I'm reading "The Lovely Bones" by Alice Sebold. I like it so far, but it is a sad novel. Anybody read this one before?

It is repost.

I haven't read that one. The title sounds good. I will check it out next time. I just picked up Perri O' Shaughnessy, "Keeper of the keys". Read a whole chapter. It is alright.

It is repost.

I haven't read that one. The title sounds good. I will check it out next time. I just picked up Perri O' Shaughnessy, "Keeper of the keys". Read a whole chapter. It is alright.

I had a feeling that this may be a repost but I'm sure the previous post is really old and haven't been updated in awhile, right? So I thought it wouldn't hurt to start fresh with a new thread.

I had a feeling that this may be a repost but I'm sure the previous post is really old and haven't been updated in awhile, right? So I thought it wouldn't hurt to start fresh with a new thread.

Welcome to AD. Someone had repost in General Chat not long ago. It is ok, some comes and goes. If we talk about books we have to use Creative Writing threads. Some people didn't know that.

Thank you for sharing. I will check the book out. Do I need a box of tissue since you said it was very sad?

I read Lovely Bones a little while ago. It is sad, but at the same time can be uplifting. You might want some Kleenex.

I really liked it and am starting to read her next book. :)

I read Lovely Bones a little while ago. It is sad, but at the same time can be uplifting. You might want some Kleenex.

I really liked it and am starting to read her next book. :)

Yea, i just finished it. It is a heartfelt story. I'd like to check out her other book "Lucky." Is that the one you're starting to read?

Yeah, I haven't got into it far enough yet to have an opinion on it though. From what I understand it's actually the authors memior.

After I saw Stone Cold, the DVD where Tom Seleck plays Jesse Stone, a police chief in a small Massechusetts coastal town, a friend gave me Night Passage, Robert Parker's first book in the Jesse Stone series. It was really good.

So last night I finished the latest in the series, Stranger in Paradise. It was a disappointment. It's like Parker is grinding out the books with the same formaula without too much enthusiams with all the same predictable characters, though not as likable.

Instread of reading any of the four books in between, I'll probably just watch the other three Jesse Stone DVDs. Tom Seleck usually does a good job.

Book lovers will enjoy this site. It lists the books that will come out in the future. Click here to view the page and make sure to bookmark it.

Back