So, so, so, so confused about deaf plans for smartphones! :(

Right now I have Blackberry 8330 and I love it. I have changed my plan from unlimited data which is 29.99 to simply everything due to use the voice caling so it will cost me 69.99. I dont mind that as long as I do my son wont charged me up for .20 cent per minutes on my old cellphone. Yes it is sprint.

I have a Blackberry Bold and am paying $55 a month for unlimited data and text. Tap plan does not support BB bold.

That is for phone only. (Notice on bottom price it show if you want email you need pay 5 dollar extra a month)
Select Plan and you will see only limit to small phone on their website when choose which phone.

For PDA (Windows Mobile / Palm etc) or Smartphone or Blackberry are listed for 54.99 a month at Verizon (Look on the right side)

But you did find cheaper Blackberry plan at Verizon than what I found and same rate as AT&T Blackberry so Spirit still cheapest with Deaf Rate for Blackberries.

Yes, I still see there are limited that does offer on mobile phone with full QWERTY than rather BB when anyone want something different instead have the same think, same thing, same taste.

In other hand, I'm hope that Sprint Relay accept on new smartphone I looking forward to get Pre Palm.

Deaf Sidekick 2008 try this one for blackberries too. Seems ok, but read well.

I had to ask my alltell folks about 4 years, they lied. Say they have no good plan for deaf.

I printed a page from here about alltell, and took it to them.l They read the page and - They Suddenly Have Data Only plan!!! (wow) 25.00 a month. Verizon just bought them tho. I have a Scoop phone. I really, really like it. It has IM, txt, qwerty, like it a lot.

TechBill,

Thanks for the information.

AT&T
$40 for iPhone 2G and $50 for iPhone 3G.
$35/mo w/o text and $55 w/ text for BlackBerry

Sprint
$30/mo for selected phones

T-Mobile
?????

Verizon
?????

I guess I won't be getting anything from AT&T, I'm afraid. I'm very much wanting the BlackBerry 8900 variant with text messaging and data. Any idea on T-Mobile's and Verizon's?

T-Mobile BlackBerry Unlimited Plan is $39.99. For these existing T-Mobile subscribers' rate is $29.99 (the plan is grandfathered to it). Meaning? Anyone who signs up T-Mobile would have paid $39.99 (not $29.99).

By the way, AT & T's BlackBerry Personal without Text (BlackBerry Unlimited) is $35. BlackBerry Bold will work well on AT & T's 3G coverage.

I doubt BB Bold will work with Sprint's network, probably a different BB model.

T-Mobile Europe have BlackBerry Bold and it works well on European countries' 3G coverage while T-Mobile USA can't get BlackBerry Bold! My understanding is that RIM currently works on developing new 3G GSM BlackBerry for T-Mobile to be rolled out this year (within 6-9 months from now) BUT it won't be Bold.

Both Sprint and Verizon BlackBerry models are 3G CDMA device. At & T and T-Mobile are using a GSM network. BUT both carriers use different 3G frequencies.

Bear in mind. All Sprint and Verizon Blackberry models except BlackBerry World Edition won't even work in other countries. AT & T and T-Mobile Blackberry models are able to work anywhere in the world except Japan and South Korea.

Yiffzer, if you live in rural area, I would recommended you to check with Verizon first since they got best 3G coverage in rural area or small/medium cities.

If not then att or Sprint are fine.

That is for phone only. (Notice on bottom price it show if you want email you need pay 5 dollar extra a month)
Select Plan and you will see only limit to small phone on their website when choose which phone.

For PDA (Windows Mobile / Palm etc) or Smartphone or Blackberry are listed for 54.99 a month at Verizon (Look on the right side)

But you did find cheaper Blackberry plan at Verizon than what I found and same rate as AT&T Blackberry so Spirit still cheapest with Deaf Rate for Blackberries.

Yup, that right.

$34.99 is just only for Verizon with BREW, more restricted when compare to Java like BB and WM phone use Java.

Back