So proud to join All Deaf

pogy

Reaction score
Hello everyone, am George, 24 from Kenya.

I have been looking for a site where I can interact with people like me, but this place just looks different, and amazing.

Am hard of hearing ever since 2008. The situation came unexpected as a side effect of a medication I took. Glad I have accepted the condition and that am still enjoying life, and am even having greater dreams :) !

Am still learning KSL (Kenyan Sign language), which is so much like ASL. Am using more ASL online materials to learn and if any one of you volunteers to help, I will be really grateful.

Am really looking forward to meet, talk and share with you guys...

Thank you.

i am hard of hearing too and i know what its like to try and learn as much as you can. good luck with it... i am in the same boat... ~:"

Thank you. :ty:

Just read and replied to your introduction too.

I guess this is a challenge to help us, the hard of hearing, to focus and make the most out of our lives.

Hi Pogy, My niece and a group of medical students just got back from Mombasa. They were there to provide medical care for some of the very poor. She says she never felt so blessed by the love and gratefulness of the people she met there.

hi,i would though been more bsl rather than asl,sure i seen kenyon people do bsl

@Angel1989: I heard about them but too little too late. They were operating in a hospital called MEWA. People like you niece travel so long to help the those in need, and that's touching. Even though I never had the chance to get their service, I still feel they touched part of me coz they touched my community. Tell her to keep up the great heart.

@caz12: No, Kenyan Sign Language (KSL) is very much like ASL. I am still learning and I use most of the ASL online resources to practice.

Back