So NOW they say two hearing aids are better than one....

martyns

Reaction score
but if you had to wear only one, in which ear would you prefer to wear it, and why - and do you wear certain equipment on certain occasions, and different at other times, and why?

Because it doesn't work at all in my other ear.

I've no problem wearing just one. In fact, I prefer it. And I wear my hearing aid at all times with the exception of sleeping (on occasion I do sleep with it on), taking a show, bath or swim.

but if you had to wear only one, in which ear would you prefer to wear it, and why - and do you wear certain equipment on certain occasions, and different at other times, and why?

oh god...you're back! :iobarf:

oh god...you're back! :iobarf:

:lol: Oh, come on! Who else cares about our hearing aids?

Hi Martyns! Now I only wear one aid on my right ear. The reason is my left ear died.

If PFH has his way, we will all soon give up amplification and there will be nobody to answer you. :wave:

hearing aid in right ear. Left ear is 100% deaf, 0 response on hearing tests. No point in wearing hearing aid in left ear, other than to keep it simulated for a cochlear implant.= (working on getting left ear implanted, keeping hearing aid in right ear).

Before I got a CI, I have worn one HA over my left ear since I was 14. I could never make sense of the sounds I heard in my right ear. I've been wearing HAs since I was 2 1/2 years old.

When I first got hearing aids 30 years ago, I could not afford two aids so only bought one, for my right ear, which was the worse one. The hearing loss in my left ear was considered borderline between "mild" and "moderate" at the time. A couple years later I had more money and bought a new pair; it was much better having balanced hearing than wearing just one.

Thank you to Alicia for her reply to this... Clearly she is (not) of an age when people DID only wear one hearing aid as a general rule.

I used to wear two aids from 3 to late teens, I think stopped two when I was 15/16, just before I started college, right after I left school. I wore one 16 to 18. I wore one then because I cannot wear on my right without going dizzy, no matter how quiet volume is, even I can't hear nothing when it is on. I have no idea why I suddenly have that problem, it happened after out of nowhere I backout (I was fine, no illness, healthy, no injuries) very unexpectly in middle of night, Dad had to take me hospital in morning. They told him what wrong though he couldn't tell me what was wrong cos our communicate each other isn't good and still haven't found out what was problem. Since then it impossible wear it on my right longer than 5 minutes.

Since I was 18 I stopped wearing aid almost, when 19 stopped completely.

This is nothing new! I been wearing 2 HA for years for this reason, to hear better.
When I got my first HA in 1952 I only wore one on the body HA and I am glad ! I would hated to have 2
square 'boobs' when I was 7 years old!!

I wear only one. Wearing two wouldn't do anything for me since I cannot hear in my left ear.

I guess it come back to the state of both ears. What is is your actual loss level-specific to you.

Implanted A B Harmony activated Aug/07

I usually wears a left hearing aids but the right ear is not good for me because I can't hear it at all..I'm a lefty lol!

HUH?? How did you do that with swim with your hearing aids?? I never knew that you could take it with your hearing aid to swim in the pool/beach/ocean/rivers. I usually take a bath and sleeping if just in case of the phone calls or someone's coming while my dog barks lol.

I have two hearing aids but spent most of my life wearing only the one on the right because for some reason, I keep getting painful blisters from the mould for my left ear. Even as i write this, I'm not wearing the left hearing aid - got a new mould about two weeks ago and will have to go back and ask them to sand down the part which it's rubbing against the cartilage in my ear. It's too painful to wear the left ear mould right now.

Even though my hearing loss is more or less equal in both ears - i hear far less with my left ear than with my right when i wear hearing aids so I don't really bother wearing the left hearing aid anymore.

Last edited:
I have two hearing aids but spent most of my life wearing only the one on the right because for some reason, I keep getting painful blisters from the mould for my left ear. Even as i write this, I'm not wearing the left hearing aid - got a new mould about two weeks ago and will have to go back and ask them to sand down the part which it's rubbing against the cartilage in my ear. It's too painful to wear the left ear mould right now.

Even though my hearing loss is more or less equal in both ears - i hear far less with my left ear than with my right when i wear hearing aids so I don't really bother wearing the left hearing aid anymore.

maybe you can order some earmolds that are hypoallergenic and maybe like a clear earmold with whatever color sparkles you want!
I always order those types since I have a specfic earmold allergy and cannot wear bright colored one :)

Back