So I was supposed to be doing homework all day

Keeyamah

Reaction score
But I got caught up in your forums. Found them doing a Google search for info on accommodations a deaf or hard of hearing nurse would need to do their job for my ASL 101 class. We have to do a project our professor has called "Deaf Can" and SHOW via photos, videos, etc (some students have done plays, one made a quilt) how a deaf person would do the job we have chosen. I know about specialty stethoscopes, I just need to find some more, or a person to focus on for my project.

Hoping I can make lots of new friends, and learn more about Deaf culture and ASL :).

i know of deaf nurses and doctors this is in uk but same premis as anywhere else. Doing a pulse or blood pressure is feel and vibration.much of medical world is sight touch and most things are double checked.i deaf now but was a nurse years ago in hearing days i had friend who was HOH she RN in fact she took her HA out when she was on ward duty she needed no special treatment or aids and she was one best nurses i ever met and this back in early 70's,i know deaf dentist no problems..i think if you know peoples strengths and weakness then no problems....myself i think very few limitations in medical field for deaf even in operations both nurse and surgen get through surgery and never say a word to each other. in veterinary it different history not so important it what you see at the time and feel but i deviate. this is subjective and is it related to American nurse i admit it was not easy to get into nursing if deaf back in the day but many went deaf my friend was often called away to sign with Deaf sick person (more deaf about then)when i say often that would mean twice or more in a year. My son is doctor and if you can wait a few days i will ask him but be more specific as what you want

Thank you so much, I will take you up on that offer if I come up with something in having trouble finding the answer too. Right now I'm not sure what I want or need, as I just started this project yesterday. It's not due until the end of March, so I have some time :). After my cats get appointment today, I'll need to spend the day researching again :). My professor would really like us to find a person to focus on, if at all possible, so I want to see if I can find any semi-famous ones to focus on.

Back