so happy to have found this group

axel

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My name is Alex and I live in San Francisco. I am a hearing person, and I am here because I want to learn more about the deaf culture. Unfortunately, I don't know much ASL. The last time I learned was when I was in medical school. I had hoped to become fluent in ASL and one day be able to converse with my patients who are deaf. But studying medicine and a new language at the same time proved to be too demanding, and I haven't had the chance to learn ASL again since then.

A friend introduced me to this group because I am about to make a film project in which the lead character is deaf. I want to portray the person as accurately as I can so I am hoping to learn some things by reading as much of this site as I can.

Alex

:welcome: to Alldeaf! Have fun browsing and posting! :)

Hello and welcome to Alldeaf! Odd enough, the administrator that runs this site name's Alex as well...sometimes he likes to go by 'axel'...that's related to one of his favorite bands. Anyhow, hope you'll enjoy your stay here in AD! ;)

Have a nice day! :wave:

~RR

Welcome Alex!

Learning ASL and deaf culture will open up as you meet deaf people or future deaf patients...Welcome to AD!

Hello Alex~

Welcome to Alldeaf and enjoy your stay here :) ...

:wave: welcome to AllDeaf :wave:

Make sure dont confused us which one "Alex the admin or Alex the member" ?? lol hahaha :rofl:

Hi Alex,

Herzlich Willkommen in AD!!!
cool, you come from SF. I have never been to SF, but i will fly to SF on the 16th March. I am biiiig curious about there

well alex, i hope you feel warm welcoming here on alldeaf, and good luck with experiencing the deaf world and learning ASL. You can do it, smile

Back