Snow season!!

NorCal20

Reaction score
It has brought me attention in other thread in this AD.

Anybody exciting to have snow slopes near you and ready to RIDE on the slope? Anyone ride snowboard or skis? Lets talk in here :]

I ride snowboard only. I am ready TO HIT at ALPINE MEADOWS in Tahoe City, California. They have ultimate slopes to ride on, seriously!

anybody OWN snowboards or skis?

i currently own:

Santa Cruz Tribute freestyle
Burton freestyle
K2 freestyle

"Ride hard and Live well"

I really wish to play a snowboard. I never play it in my whole life. I want my kids to play snowboard in future! By the way I love the SNOW!!!!!

It's not snowing here yet, just rainy lol. I own a ski and always ski every year with my family at the Mt. Hood which are east of Portland. I like the ski better because easier to keep the balance control from fall too often, more relax and enjoy drifting around the snow. I just don't like to ski on the steep and bumpy, and the snowboard because they always make me fell and have the snow in my coat which cause inside my coat wet.

I would LOVE to try the snowmobile, funny is that my parents have the snowmobile and go to the Mt. St. Helens to ride the snowmobile, but I never went with them lol... I've always love to see the snow on the mountains, it's so beautiful.

*EDITED*

I would like to add the areas that I've skiied:

Sisters Mountains, Oregon
Mountain Bachelor, Oregon
Mountain Hood, Oregon
Around near Lake Tahoe and Reno, Nevada
Mountain Whistler, British Columbia, Canada
Mountain Balcomb(sp?), British Columbia, Canada

Last edited:
It's not snowing here yet, just rainy lol. I own a ski and always ski every year with my family at the Mt. Hood which are east of Portland. I like the ski better because easier to keep the balance control from fall too often, more relax and enjoy drifting around the snow. I just don't like to ski on the steep and bumpy, and the snowboard because they always make me fell and have the snow in my coat which cause inside my coat wet.

I would LOVE to try the snowmobile, funny is that my parents have the snowmobile and go to the Mt. St. Helens to ride the snowmobile, but I never went with them lol... I've always love to see the snow on the mountains, it's so beautiful.

You can get a weatherproof or waterproof coat for ski. Don't buy a cheap coat one. Here is not rain yet. Snow might come here tomorrow.

Have you ever try Cross Country Skiing?

Hey NorCal,

I *love* to go downhill skiing and have been skiing now for the past 17 years. We have two great slopes not too far from where I live, so I enjoy going skiing every weekend come December or January depending on when the snow hits.

I also love to go snowboarding -- although I don't snowboard as much as I go downhill skiing.

So far we haven't had any snow yet, but it won't be long until we do. (late November)

I love downhill skiing! I gave my skiis away, but always can buy a new set in the future. :) I haven't snowboard yet but I don't think I want to try! :giggle:

HATES cross country, toooo much work! I like downhill because I can feel wind blowing my face!!! LOL! :lol:

SHHHHHH! DON'T SAY LAKE TAHOE!!! :lol: :giggle: My favorite place! I miss it soooo much!

I love downhill skiing! I gave my skiis away, but always can buy a new set in the future. :) I haven't snowboard yet but I don't think I want to try! :giggle:

HATES cross country, toooo much work! I like downhill because I can feel wind blowing my face!!! LOL! :lol:

I never try ski. I really want to try. I never try on snowboard and cross country skiing before. Yeah, Cross Country Skiing is very difficult! The most best cross country skiing in Canada, Russia, Germany, Norway, Sweden and Finland and Estonia and Italy more than USA.

USA's skill at Snowboard and skiing expect Ski Jumping and Cross Country Ski.

LakeTahoe,

I also hate cross country skiing. It's too much work and makes me feel like I'm dragging two 100 pound weights through the snow. :giggle:

I'd rather go downhill skiing anyday! :D

This winter season I plan to purchase my own set of skis. I've been saving my money up to do so and finally have the funds to buy a really good pair.

You can get a weatherproof or waterproof coat for ski. Don't buy a cheap coat one. Here is not rain yet. Snow might come here tomorrow.

Have you ever try Cross Country Skiing?

I already have the waterproof coat, but too small for me right now and I am starting don't need them because I never fell with the ski ;)

What's cross country? Like how it was skiied? Maybe I've tried or haven't..

NorCal, Why not you can meet Snowboarder Shawn White?? He live close to Lake Tahoe. I think.

RIGHT! I did tried cross country at age 12 and hated it ever since! I tried downhill ski at 15 years old and LOVES it! So haven't ski since I was maybe in early 20's! TOOO LONG! So we are planning go skiing in February during winter break. :) I am sure I am WAAAAAAAAY out of practice BIG time! And SORE big time lol!! :lol:

LakeTahoe,

I also hate cross country skiing. It's too much work and makes me feel like I'm dragging two 100 pound weights through the snow. :giggle:

I'd rather go downhill skiing anyday! :D

This winter season I plan to purchase my own set of skis. I've been saving my money up to do so and finally have the funds to buy a really good pair.

RIGHT! I did tried cross country at age 12 and hated it ever since! I tried downhill ski at 15 years old and LOVES it! So haven't ski since I was maybe in early 20's! TOOO LONG! So we are planning go skiing in February during winter break. :) I am sure I am WAAAAAAAAY out of practice BIG time! And SORE big time lol!! :lol:

Oh boy, do I know what you mean about being sore! That's one of the things I hate most about downhill skiing. I'm usually okay after my second run or two, but after the first, I'm *miserable*.

Where do you plan on going skiing? I ski at a resort in Kewaskum, WI (Sunburst) and a much smaller resort in Franklin, WI (Crystal Ridge). I've also skiied at Indian Head, Colorado.

My husband mentioned close by our house or by Camp Mark 7 up in Old Forge area...never been there though. I've skied in Mass, CA and NV. That's all! LOL! Almost went to Vermont but never got chance to.

I was told to exercise before go skiing to prevent any sore. I don't know if that is really a fact. :dunno:

Oh boy, do I know what you mean about being sore! That's one of the things I hate most about downhill skiing. I'm usually okay after my second run or two, but after the first, I'm *miserable*.

Where do you plan on going skiing? I ski at a resort in Kewaskum, WI (Sunburst) and a much smaller resort in Franklin, WI (Crystal Ridge). I've also skiied at Indian Head, Colorado.

Back