Snow Like Sand.

rabbit

Reaction score
It's been snowing since last night here... actually not SNOWING... but HAILING. We've accumulated around 6"-7" of hail, the little beads of hail are about the size of a grain of sand, and because it's so cold they aren't sticking together, so when you walk outside it feels like you are on a beach, a very cold, white beach... I tried to pick up a handful of this "snow" but it just ran through my fingers just like sand, it's actually very cool. Though it's impossible to make a snowman or a snowball or anything, but I bet it's GREAT for snowboarding.

haha,
at my area, there is blizzard! thanks god i have no school today on the valentine's Day!!! :D

I hasnt see the hails since I was little.. I wish I can see hails again :(
Yep, great for snowboarding but i wanna know how to do snowboarding hehe

I live in MA too. I got snow, then sleet, and then rain. When I shoveled it was HEAVY!!!

I didn't have to work today though which made me happy. I teach and the kids had the day off. Horray!

It's been snowing since last night here... actually not SNOWING... but HAILING. We've accumulated around 6"-7" of hail, the little beads of hail are about the size of a grain of sand, and because it's so cold they aren't sticking together, so when you walk outside it feels like you are on a beach, a very cold, white beach... I tried to pick up a handful of this "snow" but it just ran through my fingers just like sand, it's actually very cool. Though it's impossible to make a snowman or a snowball or anything, but I bet it's GREAT for snowboarding.

Hail? Isnt that called sleet? We had a downpour of sleet yesterday and today. I never seen anything like it. Now, the winds are blowing. No school today too and the Federal Govt had unscheduled leave so my hubby stayed home too. Nice Valentine's Day for all of us to be together alll day! Cool, isnt it? :)

Here we got blizzard since last night till finally it stopped the snow today in the afternoon whew that lots of snow up to my knees damn that lots and I had to shovel the snow that lots of to work shovel the snow lol hahaha :lol:

it was blizzard like here in this part of ohio. drifts is btwn my waist and shoulder. its like sand dunes in st george island (near appalachicola), fla. hehe, one thing missing, no palms and aqua blue water. lol

In utah, sometimes when it snows, it does not look like the snow in the East. It looks like small pellets of syrofoam and feels weird to walk on. It usually happens when the weather is so dry.

I remember a thunderstorm dumped pea sized hail and piled up from the rain gutters. I collected them and packed into a ball and threw to some students. They said ow, that hurts! It's harder than snowball. I pointed to the sky, don't blame me. That was back in high school in California School for the deaf in Fremont. Recently in Dec at Seattle, a thunderstorm was real bad and it dumped tons of hail and it piled up on the roads and it looks lot like snow and it was loud when it was clattering on the roof of the car, wow!

Here, it's been snowing nonstop for days. Now, snow is up to our knees! Eek!

Back