"Sneak Peeking" Thru Ur Kids Bookbag

rockin'robin

Reaction score
Bookbags seem to be "kids personal property"...(or they say it is)..just like their rooms, dresser drawers, etc. ....

I'm supposed to put their clothes away with a blind eye, stay out of their bookbags and stop looking for their "hiding places".

Well, this AM, while they were at church camp until late evening....I took the priviledge of going thru their bookbags!

Never have I seen so much junk in there....and the bags must weigh about 20 lbs.!....Read all of the "girlie" letters...."You're cute! Wanna hang"?...."I love you, Matt!"...."Call me"!....it goes on and on!

Last year, I even found a frog in my 12 yr. olds drawer! A grasshopper in a jar with leaves...an "inch worm"....the list goes on and on.

Haven't found a "referral" yet...unless they've got a "hiding Place" I haven't noticed yet!....Still looking, tho!....sue me!

I can't say I haven't done the same. With all of the problems going on in the educational system. Peer pressure and all.... (Shame on me...)

:D Your frog story made me laugh 'cause when Dany was six or maybe seven years old I was rummaging through his bookbag (me, the cleaning obsessed one) ;) And sure thing there was a frog in there. It made me jump right out of my skin :D

I questioned the mischief later and his only response was *oops, I forgot. where is it?*

:roll: kids...

Now he's 13 and I no longer go through his belongings because it is definitely prohibited territory for me :giggle: (or any other family member). But back those days I think there was more crap (excuse my bad language) than school stuff in there...

e.g. pokemon cards, beyblades,... the list is endless...

JL

Mod's Note:

The thread has been moved to it's proper location.

I go through my son's stuff all the time. And he knows this too. Mom went through our stuffs all the time too.she also cleaned our room as well sometimes). Privacy didn't really matter to us because we were such a big family in a tight home (three girls in one room, and 2 boys in the other.) we were permitted to go through our mom's stuffs as well. mom even read our personal notes but we read her personal letters LOL Nothing is hidden from each other. But there was one thing I did get upset about. I used to write a diary but quit because my grandma came over and they all found from my backpack and read it. Since then, I never went back to writing a diary. All my thoughts kept private in my head. I feel diary is off limit just like walking in the bathroom is off limit. Everything else doesn't matter to me.

Bookbags seem to be "kids personal property"...(or they say it is)..just like their rooms, dresser drawers, etc. ....

I'm supposed to put their clothes away with a blind eye, stay out of their bookbags and stop looking for their "hiding places".

Well, this AM, while they were at church camp until late evening....I took the priviledge of going thru their bookbags!

Never have I seen so much junk in there....and the bags must weigh about 20 lbs.!....Read all of the "girlie" letters...."You're cute! Wanna hang"?...."I love you, Matt!"...."Call me"!....it goes on and on!

Last year, I even found a frog in my 12 yr. olds drawer! A grasshopper in a jar with leaves...an "inch worm"....the list goes on and on.

Haven't found a "referral" yet...unless they've got a "hiding Place" I haven't noticed yet!....Still looking, tho!....sue me!

hahahahah *your my kid you have no rights*

They're getting more clever today, you'd be surprised to know of other hiding places, especially outside your home. I've even heard of teens using PO boxes - many times they may know of someone older to supply things your kid can't obtain on his/her own yet (ie friend's older brother, etc). If you are still suspicious, with authorization from the school's principal, you may find your kid's locker equally messy, or god forbid, hold anything prohibited from what it should really be used for. But in most cases, kids will be kids, curious, ignorant, and often hideous about things they've expeienced.

Occasionally I do random checks in my childrens room and backpack.

I feel that it is part of being a parent. To insure that your child is not doing anything dangerous.

I occaionally find small minor things such as hidden notes etc. Never found anything major. I pretty much trust my children but then again they are children.

The main thing I do is talk and communicate with them. My children are pretty open to me.

Sad though. Going through their personal belongings is to make me feel better. Knowing my kids are walking a straight line.

I have create a thread several months back similar to this. :)

Good to see that I am not the only one that keep tabs on the kids in the household.

I do snoop in their book bags, in their bedrooms, and on the internet (monitor my son's activity) without their knowledge, what they don't know won't hurt them. It's not that I don't trust them, or is trying to be a nosy, controlling parent. It's my primary job as a parent to keep my kids safe. ;)

I do snoop in their book bags, in their bedrooms, and on the internet (monitor my son's activity) without their knowledge, what they don't know won't hurt them. It's not that I don't trust them, or is trying to be a nosy, controlling parent. It's my primary job as a parent to keep my kids safe. ;)

Internet monitoring is highly important. never know who is lurking. Not that you do not trust your child. It is who is on the other end, is who that should not be trusted.

Back