Smartlink and FM Successware

Hask12

Reaction score
My hearing aids are Resound Azure. In order to correctly program my my aids with their shoes and the phonak receiver is FM Successware the best way to go?

Alice I understand that, but the question is whether the FM successware is a better way to set this whole thing up. I mean will it make some kind of difference. The FM sound quality right now is awful, especially on FM only, sounds very garbled. Does the FM successware program make some kind of huge difference?

I don't think it will change the quality of the sound but maybe volume. I think the successware is just easier to program the fm or something...there also isn't much "programing" to do with an fm it's more or less set it up and go type deal. Maybe the volume could be turned up? or your audi can change the channel ?

Take these steps:

1. Take the FM transmitter and receiver and do a listening check with it to make sure the FM parts are working properly. Eg attach to a MicroLink Checker or another hearing aid and audio shoe that is all properly set up. If it still sounds bad, then the problem is with the FM. If it sounds ok go to setp 2

2. If the FM is in proper working order, then attach to the Resound hearing aids and do another check. If it now sounds bad, then the hearing aid software needs to be used to improve things.

The FM Successware when used with a SmartLink and a Resound aid is mainly for changing the transmitting and receiving frequencies of the transmitter and receiver. You can't change the sound quality via this software.

You audiologist can do these things for you.

Back