Sloppy Joes

LakeTahoe

Reaction score
I made that I think 2 weeks ago, it was out the next day! So good! Better than canned ones! If you have different recipe for Sloppy Joes, please do share with us! I am sure others want try variety of Sloppy Joes.

Sloppy Joes

INGREDIENTS

* 1 pound lean ground beef
* 1/4 cup chopped onion
* 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
* 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
* 3/4 cup ketchup
* 3 teaspoons brown sugar
* salt to taste
* ground black pepper to taste

number of stars

READ REVIEWS (1,077)

* Review/Rate This Recipe
* Save To Recipe Box
* Add to Shopping List
* Add a Personal Note
* Post a Recipe Photo
* Post a Favorite Food List
* Create a Menu

DIRECTIONS

1. In a medium skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef, onion, and green pepper; drain off liquids.
2. Stir in the garlic powder, mustard, ketchup, and brown sugar; mix thoroughly. Reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.

I have another one. I got this from my dad that he cut out from newspaper long time ago. Not sure when it was published in the newspaper.

BBQ Beef

1 3/4 Ketchup (14 oz)
1 tablespoon mustard
4 tablespoon sugar (I put only like 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoon, I used brown sugar instead of white sugar)
1 tablespoon vinegar
Salt & Pepper
1/2 cup water
dash of paprika (optional)
1/3 cup of diced onions (can add a bit more if you want)

2 lbs ground beef, cook with diced onions and drain.

Then add the rest of ingredients. Serve with fries or potatoes chips!

ENJOY!

I buy and use Manwich from a can.

*covering face from embarrassment*

(But hey -still tastes good, though. Especially when you sprinkle shredded cheese).

I buy and use Manwich from a can.

*covering face from embarrassment*

(But hey -still tastes good, though. Especially when you sprinkle shredded cheese).
Ditto.

I like it simple. ;)

Have you ever had the original Sloppy Joe? They serve it at a restaurant called "Sloppy Joe's" located in Key West, Florida. :)

Manwich? :eek3: I'll eat some if I have to.

I prefer the real stuff. My mom makes the best one but for some reason, she calls them "superburgers."

Ditto.

I like it simple. ;)

Have you ever had the original Sloppy Joe? They serve it at a restaurant called "Sloppy Joe's" located in Key West, Florida. :)

As a matter of fact, I sure did! Still have the shirt I bought from there. I remember it started in 1933. I have no idea why I remember something that trivial. One of my friends used to live in Key West. :). So folks, if you're on Green Street in the Keys- stop by for the "real" sloppy joes. If you ask me- they taste just as good as my mean Manwich. ;).

Manwich? :eek3: I'll eat some if I have to.

I prefer the real stuff. My mom makes the best one but for some reason, she calls them "superburgers."

How does she make it? What does she put in there?

I made that I think 2 weeks ago, it was out the next day! So good! Better than canned ones! If you have different recipe for Sloppy Joes, please do share with us! I am sure others want try variety of Sloppy Joes.

Sloppy Joes

INGREDIENTS

* 1 pound lean ground beef
* 1/4 cup chopped onion
* 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
* 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
* 3/4 cup ketchup
* 3 teaspoons brown sugar
* salt to taste
* ground black pepper to taste

number of stars

READ REVIEWS (1,077)

* Review/Rate This Recipe
* Save To Recipe Box
* Add to Shopping List
* Add a Personal Note
* Post a Recipe Photo
* Post a Favorite Food List
* Create a Menu

DIRECTIONS

1. In a medium skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef, onion, and green pepper; drain off liquids.
2. Stir in the garlic powder, mustard, ketchup, and brown sugar; mix thoroughly. Reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.

Yummy...

also

me replace beef to chicken or turkey ground :thumb:

As a matter of fact, I sure did! Still have the shirt I bought from there. I remember it started in 1933. I have no idea why I remember something that trivial. One of my friends used to live in Key West. :). So folks, if you're on Green Street in the Keys- stop by for the "real" sloppy joes. If you ask me- they taste just as good as my mean Manwich. ;).
Hahaha...

I went there for Spring Break with a bunch of friends in a RV.

We went to that place and my friend recommended their sloppy joe. I tried it... wow, good!

They have a picture of the founder behind the bar. :)

meh....always hated sloppy joes...even when i ate meat i hated sloppy joes.

Yummy! I love sloppy joes! Just made that last week ;)

Yeah, I eat it from a can (Not the regular one, it's nasty, the BBQ one that I love) but I haven't ate sloppy joe's in years though

I rarely like eating sloppy Joe and also I know how to make homemaker of sloppy Joe.

I have left over so I'll have that for lunch maybe tomorrow. Gotta get more buns! I was at last 2 so I gave those to kids and I used Pane Italian bread. It taste good!
hehe yeah.. i was thinking and have sloppy turkey joes this weekend :squint:

I have left over so I'll have that for lunch maybe tomorrow. Gotta get more buns! I was at last 2 so I gave those to kids and I used Pane Italian bread. It taste good!

Hey! Where's MY sandwich?!

*tapping foot, waiting for my Sloppy Joe sandwich*

;)

Back