Slingbox & Caption questions

jack55

Reaction score
I just got the PCTV HD Pro Stick (801e) two days ago and I'm using it in my Dell XPS m1530. I'm not happy with it and going to take it back to Best Buy. I'm now considering the Slingbox.

Does the slingbox have Caption? I must have the caption feature.

I noticed with my Pinnacle usb pro stick, caption doesn't work with their program/software either, but when I tried using it with Vista Media Center, the caption worked. Would that be the same for Slingbox?

Here is my setups so you can recommend what I can or can't do:

My notebook is a Dell XPS m1530 fully loaded with Vista Premium using Clearwire wireless modem & Netgear wireless, both which is upstairs hooked up to my Desktop so I can use the notebook downstairs.

I have a Mitsubishi 52" LCD 1080P HDTV hooked up with Comcast Digital HDTV Cable box

Why not you use google to find out more information....

You made me work harder for you.
Uhh... isn't that what the forum is for? To get help and to ask questions. ;)

BTW, I have been googling and have posted on two other forums, such as:

The Green Button - Your Media Center Community which is a Media Center site
and
Caption and Remote question: Sling Community
Who referred me to this site!
Jack, There are CC boxes that hook up between your source and your TV. They would work for your SB too. Check out Deaf Chat | People Deaf Culture - AllDeaf.com they have some forums that might help.

... and I had already emailed Slingbox and they said there was no support for closed caption.
BTW, how am I suppose to please call Slingbox 877.467.5464. Ask for Customer Service or Customer Support. if I can't hear phones. :)

So... yes, I've been googling!
:ty: for your help anyway.

Last edited:
BTW, how am I suppose to please call Slingbox 877.467.5464. Ask for Customer Service or Customer Support. if I can't hear phones. :)

Thanks god, we have Video Relay Service. Make us easier to call VRS better than Relay's TTY.

If, you use Slingbox from TV to computer or mobile. It will won't have CC.

From friend's cable TV to SlingBox to your home TV. Use Super Video Cable hook up with TV. CC shoulds work fine.

Just suggest to call customer service.

If, you use Slingbox from TV to computer or mobile. It will won't have CC.

From friend's cable TV to SlingBox to your home TV. Use Super Video Cable hook up with TV. CC shoulds work fine.

Just suggest to call customer service.

A little more detail on the above... I got lost! :dunno2:

One time, I saw Slingbox classic at the store. Yes, it works fine with Closed Captioning with regular TV. One thing, they will won't have CC on laptop or computer.

My suggest to call Slingbox's customer support. You have plently question. Please call customer service. Ask some question they will answer your question.

Maybe you saw work CC that 480i format will work CC but 480p or high will not work CC, if you have HDTV and swtich 480i if work CC?

One time, I saw Slingbox classic at the store. Yes, it works fine with Closed Captioning with regular TV. One thing, they will won't have CC on laptop or computer.

My suggest to call Slingbox's customer support. You have plently question. Please call customer service. Ask some question they will answer your question.

ok you can run slingbox with caption decoder when you are away. u can watch anything with cc on internet or mobile... personally i havent tried myself, but i am tempted to get it myself.

Closed Caption Decoder with RCA Jacks - caption decoder - you can try that in ebay.com. according to my research, ppl do buy thse decoder in ebay.com which is more cheap than any store online. so trou urself.

Closed-Captioned for Deaf watcher: Sling Community - forums: answers

On a crusade for slingbox to put on closed captions: Sling Community - forums: answer

Grant Laird, Jr. Blog » SlingBox do not support caption or subtitle - deaf blog about slingbox and cc

I just got the PCTV HD Pro Stick (801e) two days ago and I'm using it in my Dell XPS m1530. I'm not happy with it and going to take it back to Best Buy. I'm now considering the Slingbox.

Does the slingbox have Caption? I must have the caption feature.

I noticed with my Pinnacle usb pro stick, caption doesn't work with their program/software either, but when I tried using it with Vista Media Center, the caption worked. Would that be the same for Slingbox?

Here is my setups so you can recommend what I can or can't do:

My notebook is a Dell XPS m1530 fully loaded with Vista Premium using Clearwire wireless modem & Netgear wireless, both which is upstairs hooked up to my Desktop so I can use the notebook downstairs.

I have a Mitsubishi 52" LCD 1080P HDTV hooked up with Comcast Digital HDTV Cable box

I have question for you. Since you have Pinnacle USB pro stick and running on Vista Media Center. When you finish record it and watch it again, does it show CC?

I have both Vista Media Center and MCE 2005. It does not matter which tuner (USB or PCI card) you use with Media Center and whether you watch or record TV programs, Closed Caption works great. It's part of Media Center, not the tuner.

Peter

Back