Sleep Signing?

april1angel

Reaction score
So, I just had a thought. Hearing people talk in their sleep sometimes, and some people sleepwalk, so are there D/deaf people who sign in their sleep? If there are, I wonder if it ever makes any sense or if it's just random signs.

Im hearing but i have sign on my sleep but idk what cuz no one in my family knows asl

I know there has already been at least one thread on this topic if you search.

Are you surfing the net in your sleep? :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using AllDeaf

Fairly close! I have had a bad cold , couldn't sleep, but didn't feel good enough to sit up either..

I signed sick in my sleep when I was 7 years old. I caught my brother that is two years older than me signing what I was signing when I woke up. He was trying to figure out what I was saying. I guess I was dreaming that I was telling a lie to my mother that I am sick so I don't have to go to school.

My daughter did this when she was a toddler. It was adorable! We never could catch it on video, sadly.

Sarah, hearing mom to Deaf teen (CI, pretty good spoken language user, enthusiastic ASL student)

Sent from my iPhone using AllDeaf

I caught myself doing that during my recent home visit. Thankfully my parents don't know ASL, or the following conversation would've been WAY awkward, and they didn't see me doing it, either-- it was 5 AM when I caught myself doing it.

I caught myself doing that during my recent home visit. Thankfully my parents don't know ASL, or the following conversation would've been WAY awkward, and they didn't see me doing it, either-- it was 5 AM when I caught myself doing it.

what was your convo about? marrying Jess? :naughty:

what was your convo about? marrying Jess? :naughty:

I don't remember now. Only thing I remember is my left hand sticking up in the air when I opened my eyes, and I wondered what it was doing there.

Back