Skype will work on Sorenson vp ?

Bruce77

Reaction score
Anyone know about Skype work on Sorenson VP ?

Anyone know about Skype work on Sorenson VP ?

Nope. It wont work. Skype is SIP base videochat software. It is not programmed to work with other VRS vp such as SIP based ZVRS, Purple, Viable ect. Skype basically a VoIP and it use different server which isn't tied to VRS server.

Same goes for Oovoo, Camfrog and other videochat software.

But if you use videophone software came with some brand webcam or pc. You can use ip address to connect to any VRS P2P (person to person) chat. It'll work. You will have to ask ur friend or family member to retreive their Public IP address and send you email so you can dial IP address. Remember that IP address changes everyday so you'll have to keep asking each day.

Catty

Nope. It wont work. Skype is SIP base videochat software. It is not programmed to work with other VRS vp such as SIP based ZVRS, Purple, Viable ect. Skype basically a VoIP and it use different server which isn't tied to VRS server.

Same goes for Oovoo, Camfrog and other videochat software.

But if you use videophone software came with some brand webcam or pc. You can use ip address to connect to any VRS P2P (person to person) chat. It'll work. You will have to ask ur friend or family member to retreive their Public IP address and send you email so you can dial IP address. Remember that IP address changes everyday so you'll have to keep asking each day.

Catty

In bold - that depends if the friend's IP address is static, then asking for IP address everyday isn't required.

In bold - that depends if the friend's IP address is static, then asking for IP address everyday isn't required.

That is one part, but IP address not neccessary changed everyday. It usually lasted for about week or two or unless if you have power outage, once the power restored, the modem will pick up new IP address. There is other way that you don't have to worry about keep asking for new IP address, is to go to No-IP.com, this will solve all the problem.

I always in favor of using static IP if you have good firewall protection.

OH..I forgot one more thing, it's been going on now that Skype on PC can easily infected with virus. It's not a problem on cell phone skype user but on PC, it can easily get infected. So, just to let you know.

Why I love Sorenson VRS® Videophone VP-200?

There is NO way that Sorenson VRS® VP can be infested with virus, and even if it is hackable, there is nothing inside Sorenson VRS® VP-200 for hackers to see. It is like hacking at dead end road for hackers.

I have personally never seen any VP-100 and VP-200 that got infested with viruses.

The answer to question whether SkYPe would work with VP-200? The answer is simple, no.

That is one part, but IP address not neccessary changed everyday. It usually lasted for about week or two or unless if you have power outage, once the power restored, the modem will pick up new IP address. There is other way that you don't have to worry about keep asking for new IP address, is to go to No-IP.com, this will solve all the problem.

I always in favor of using static IP if you have good firewall protection.
Yes, that's is correct - even if you reset the router or modem, it will reset the IP address.

Yes.. it does support to use Skype but you have to pay that software to enable and plugin for ip address to allow h. 264 or h.343. I heard it success but ...

I HAVE NO PROOF...

I will ask my friend that share link and read that explain support the ip address is possible due SIP can overlap the videophone and Skype... Keep that mind, the video quality wouldn't same what we seen... possible lot of pixel...

no one will bother to take call due the quality is hard to read... Remember, I have no proof due not that 'popular' feature to use.

I don't have time entire my effort and sitting to do the work!

So.. Just want share with ya that out there does support it. I will find link and post again tonight or tomorrow.

Why I love Sorenson VRS® Videophone VP-200?

There is NO way that Sorenson VRS® VP can be infested with virus, and even if it is hackable, there is nothing inside Sorenson VRS® VP-200 for hackers to see. It is like hacking at dead end road for hackers.

I have personally never seen any VP-100 and VP-200 that got infested with viruses.

The answer to question whether SkYPe would work with VP-200? The answer is simple, no.

You just like being a shill for SVRS? :)

vp hacked.?! vp itself is not really hackable. There is nothing there, there is no gainful ill intent.

Only thing that can be hacked is nexxus phone list, or Sorenson servers, but then what are you really gaining? Shutdown the sorenson network? phone shutouts ? Really- think about it folks- whats the point? Unless you have a personal vendetta against that particular VRS company?

Its the same thing no matter where you go- work for kodak? work for general electric? work for the post office ? Anything,anywhere, if it connected to internet, then it can be hacked. but for what purpose? As in the VRS world, hacking into HARDWARE like vp100, vp200, MVP, csd z4, etc is like getting in and checking the firmware features, for what ? adding on, removing features ? oh pleeeassseee.... you just wasting your time.

5:roll:

anyway- we are getting off the point. skype- unless you enjoy hacking skype software to be able to call via IP addresses only and not use skype network and setup skype to use h.264or h.343 protocol, you are just wasting your time. Just download any one of the VRS pc downloadable software to your pc and get your own number for pc use and be done with it. Its ALREADY engineered for that purpose to call point to point via vp numbers so no messing around with ip adresses and asking your freinds whats the current ip address as it can change from time to time. whats the point messing around with software that uses ip address that changes on some ISP often? you "already" contacted your friend via email or other means of communication to get that darned IP address. (guys- go away with the no-ip.com thing, I already know about it- there is no point discussing that since most deafies don't even have the expertise to understand how it works, hence all the darned calls to tech support) .

vp hacked.?! vp itself is not really hackable. There is nothing there, there is no gainful ill intent.

Only thing that can be hacked is nexxus phone list, or Sorenson servers, but then what are you really gaining? Shutdown the sorenson network? phone shutouts ? Really- think about it folks- whats the point? Unless you have a personal vendetta against that particular VRS company?

Its the same thing no matter where you go- work for kodak? work for general electric? work for the post office ? Anything,anywhere, if it connected to internet, then it can be hacked. but for what purpose? As in the VRS world, hacking into HARDWARE like vp100, vp200, MVP, csd z4, etc is like getting in and checking the firmware features, for what ? adding on, removing features ? oh pleeeassseee.... you just wasting your time.

5:roll:

anyway- we are getting off the point. skype- unless you enjoy hacking skype software to be able to call via IP addresses only and not use skype network and setup skype to use h.264or h.343 protocol, you are just wasting your time. Just download any one of the VRS pc downloadable software to your pc and get your own number for pc use and be done with it. Its ALREADY engineered for that purpose to call point to point via vp numbers so no messing around with ip adresses and asking your freinds whats the current ip address as it can change from time to time. whats the point messing around with software that uses ip address that changes on some ISP often? you "already" contacted your friend via email or other means of communication to get that darned IP address. (guys- go away with the no-ip.com thing, I already know about it- there is no point discussing that since most deafies don't even have the expertise to understand how it works, hence all the darned calls to tech support) .

I am agreed with you. No point for hacker to hack on VP200. I can't image if hacker crash to Sorenson's server down and whole people's VP200 address book will gone.

I remembered someone told me that theft break SVRS's vehicle and found it out they are VP200 and just toss it on the floor then left.

Back