SK's movie The Mist

SweetOrchid

Reaction score
I saw The Mist and I was quite disappointed at the ending...

Anyone notice the paintings in the beginning of the movie?

I just watched the movie.

All I can say is... W... T... F... !?

Well they can just use different names such like clouds, but sorry that fog in the movie is not mist.
Actually, there's a difference...

Mist is a weather phenomenon. It's just water formed from weather changes.

Fog is basically clouds at ground level.

Wiki it. ;)

Let's not forget... it was a supernatural movie. So, it could be mist acting like a fog. It's like those vampire movies where people see fog when it's really a vampire that shapeshifted into fog. ;)

Actually, there's a difference...

Mist is a weather phenomenon. It's just water formed from weather changes.

Fog is basically clouds at ground level.

Wiki it. ;)

Let's not forget... it was a supernatural movie. So, it could be mist acting like a fog. It's like those vampire movies where people see fog when it's really a vampire that shapeshifted into fog. ;)

Ohh okay then :)

Ohh okay then :)
Remember, movies are made for entertainment purposes. If the movie was intended to be realistic, then you could judge it based on its realism. If the movie was intended to be unrealistic, then anything can happen and isn't to be taken seriously.

For instance, "10,000 B.C." was made to be realistic... but if i had to be very anal, I could say that it was stupid because they got one part wrong. There has not been any evidence to show that mammoths were used as slave labor. It's just a movie, I don't care. If they didn't include that part with the mammoths, then there would be no plot.

Sometimes, the story needs to be changed a bit to make it more enjoyable. :)

Remember, movies are made for entertainment purposes. If the movie was intended to be realistic, then you could judge it based on its realism. If the movie was intended to be unrealistic, then anything can happen and isn't to be taken seriously.

For instance, "10,000 B.C." was made to be realistic... but if i had to be very anal, I could say that it was stupid because they got one part wrong. There has not been any evidence to show that mammoths were used as slave labor. It's just a movie, I don't care. If they didn't include that part with the mammoths, then there would be no plot.

Sometimes, the story needs to be changed a bit to make it more enjoyable. :)

Yupp I can understand that it's just a movie, there's nothing serious about it. :) It's just alittle annoying to label it as Mist while it was only a fog, that's all.

Do you even know what a mist is? It is just like fog, but a fog will limit your visibility even more.

So the title isn't really inaccurate to start with.

Do you even know what a mist is? It is just like fog, but a fog will limit your visibility even more.

So the title isn't really inaccurate to start with.

No, the mist is that VERY little dissy rain which make it look like a fog while it's really not. Alot of people said that they don't like mist because the mist make their hairs become fuzzy due to the hair's sensitive of water. I often saw the mist around my location and that is the reason why we got more rain days than many of the locations, but not the percpition(sp?).

Although it was a great movie. The Mist has always been my favorite Stephen King short story.
I still think that the ending fit in well thematicly.... Pet Sematary, Cujo etc.

No, the mist is that VERY little dissy rain which make it look like a fog while it's really not. Alot of people said that they don't like mist because the mist make their hairs become fuzzy due to the hair's sensitive of water. I often saw the mist around my location and that is the reason why we got more rain days than many of the locations, but not the percpition(sp?).

Um, fog is also water. What do you think clouds are made out of?

Back