Sizes of the stars out there

sequoias

Premium Member
Reaction score
We are just a molecule/atom compared to those stars. :shock:

Star%20sizes%202.jpg

There is a HD format for crisp n clear viewing experience.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEheh1BH34Q]YouTube - Star Size Comparison HD[/ame]

It is really :cool:

Remember that they are only a few ones that we have discovered so far and there are so many millions and millions of undiscovered stars which some of them may be MUCH BIGGER than VY Canis Majoris! :shock:

It is really :cool:

Remember that they are only a few ones that we have discovered so far and there are so many millions and millions of undiscovered stars which some of them may be MUCH BIGGER than VY Canis Majoris! :shock:

Yep....that's the largest we know so far. I'm pretty sure maybe 100+ planets are circling some of the giant stars out there.

I just imagined if we live in Antares, we must travel through ufos. No way to travel through planes or rockets. Maybe If we able to create ufos, it would still take 10,000 years to get there.

To put it further into perspective, review the following. We are mere specs of nothing in the context of the universe.

EarthPluto.jpg

JupiterPluto.jpg

SunPluto.jpg

ArcturusSun.jpg

AntaresSun.jpg

I just imagined if we live in Antares, we must travel through ufos. No way to travel through planes or rockets. Maybe If we able to create ufos, it would still take 10,000 years to get there.

maybe that's why there are so few aliens in spaceships. They probably began with 100+ aliens and then the journey was so long and risky that in the end... only 1-3 survived.... and we killed them. dissected them. :aw:

Damn, those pics would have been perfect for my Sun and Stars Lesson Unit I just finished teaching to my 4th graders. Perfect way to understand the concept of how big stars are. My students still do not really understand that the stars are big..they still havent achieved abstract thinking yet so it was hard to get them to understand that stars are big but look small because they are far. I even showed pics but nothing as good as these here!

Damn, those pics would have been perfect for my Sun and Stars Lesson Unit I just finished teaching to my 4th graders. Perfect way to understand the concept of how big stars are. My students still do not really understand that the stars are big..they still havent achieved abstract thinking yet so it was hard to get them to understand that stars are big but look small because they are far. I even showed pics but nothing as good as these here!

I'm glad that I helped you to get students to understand better. :)

There are also even dwarf stars that are similar to the size of this planet Earth, too. :)

I'm glad that I helped you to get students to understand better. :)

There are also even dwarf stars that are similar to the size of this planet Earth, too. :)

I was saying that I wish I had that when I taught the unit. I finsihed with the unit in December. Too late now. Maybe next year, if I am still teaching 4th grade.

I was saying that I wish I had that when I taught the unit. I finsihed with the unit in December. Too late now. Maybe next year, if I am still teaching 4th grade.

Ohhh, sorry for misterunderstand. I got it now.

maybe that's why there are so few aliens in spaceships. They probably began with 100+ aliens and then the journey was so long and risky that in the end... only 1-3 survived.... and we killed them. dissected them. :aw:

If there's life, I find it hard to believe they have supernatural power and immoral (meaning they can't die)... unless it is God himself :)

pretty much, they would be like us, plus some few unusual traits. But I'm pretty sure there are plants and animals life out in space somewhere. At least microscopic life (bacteria, molds, etc.) Although, we would have to be careful not to view them as animal as they could thoughts like humans.

I think alot of people don't think much about it, which is why a lot of us are fascinated with the pictures here. So your students aren't the only one.

Try to put it in this perspective... if you have a concept of how small an atom is compared to our bodies then the earth is that size compared to one of those giant stars.

Oh yeah I know stars are way bigger than sun.... Thats crazy!

Back