Siren alerts.

LilleJ

Reaction score
Is there anything out in the market for HOH or deaf that has a vibrate seat or product that lets you know there is a siren of police cars, firetruck and ambulances? While you are driving? I know deaf can't or shouldn't have cop car radar thing, but hey?! if it vibrates to let you know, why not?

I've never heard of something like that.

Let me guess, the cop pulled a gun on you because he thought you were trying to run away from him, eh?

Cute.....
No, I think I would benefit if there was a a small pad attached to underneath your right leg while driving that vibrates if any sirens go off near your streets so you would know there is either police, ambulance or firetruck going by, there are times we are in the area out on the roads that have no streetlights or even traffic for us to be aware of sirens going off. I did have a close call once, since a ambulance showed up from a blind spot and my light was green to go. But ambulances, firetrucks or police cars don't know that we may not see them as well as hear them.

So I am just asking, if there is anything being developed? And is there anyone who is knowledgable to figure it out to make one?
:stupid:

Cute.....
No, I think I would benefit if there was a a small pad attached to underneath your right leg while driving that vibrates if any sirens go off near your streets so you would know there is either police, ambulance or firetruck going by, there are times we are in the area out on the roads that have no streetlights or even traffic for us to be aware of sirens going off. I did have a close call once, since a ambulance showed up from a blind spot and my light was green to go. But ambulances, firetrucks or police cars don't know that we may not see them as well as hear them.

So I am just asking, if there is anything being developed? And is there anyone who is knowledgable to figure it out to make one?
:stupid:
Great idea to have vibrate or flash light to let us know. What about some of us walking cross the street and did not hear the siren?

Is there anything out in the market for HOH or deaf that has a vibrate seat or product that lets you know there is a siren of police cars, firetruck and ambulances? While you are driving? I know deaf can't or shouldn't have cop car radar thing, but hey?! if it vibrates to let you know, why not?

Yes, there is! It's called a rear view mirror.

Seriously, if you haven't already figured out, when a person loses a sense in their body, as in our cases it's the hearing, that person needs and must sharpen the other senses in the body. When I learned how to drive a school bus, I learned how to look more than five feet in front of not only my bus, but my car, as well. I actually look more than 1/3 of a mile in front of me at any given time. I also have learned to check my mirrors (note the plural) every few seconds, because other vehicles have a canning way of sneaking up from behind.

Hope that helps!

I agree with Pek1, rearview mirrors and side view mirrors are your best friends to scan what's going on around your car and also keep your eyes peeled and look both ways and watch for cars stopping even at green light, etc like that.

I don't have a problem with that, we don't need technology to help us alert that emergency vehicles is coming.

It's your idea but not for me. :)

. . . we don't need technology to help us alert that emergency vehicles is coming . . .

Thank you, sequoias, for grabbing my back door on this! At the same time, we don't need technology for other useages, instead of items like hearing dogs! Yeah, shucks, I had to throw that one in! ;)

Seriously, what do we need a vibrating bed for? Never mind, we won't go there. :twisted:

Thank you, sequoias, for grabbing my back door on this! At the same time, we don't need technology for other useages, instead of items like hearing dogs! Yeah, shucks, I had to throw that one in! ;)

Seriously, what do we need a vibrating bed for? Never mind, we won't go there. :twisted:
Heh, I don't think I can live by myself without a dog. Vibrating bed? I hope you're not thinking of something else :fingersx: I have an alarm clock that vibrate my bed to wake me up. Pretty cool device!

Back to the subject, I was taught to look around as I go, literally every 10 seconds.

Heh, I don't think I can live by myself without a dog. Vibrating bed? I hope you're not thinking of something else :fingersx: I have an alarm clock that vibrate my bed to wake me up. Pretty cool device!

Back to the subject, I was taught to look around as I go, literally every 10 seconds.

:werd::laugh2:

A vibrating seat while driving?

It sounds like someone just wants cheap thrills!

A vibrating seat while driving?

It sounds like someone just wants cheap thrills!

LOLAFOTFL!!!!!!:bowlol: You people are dirty-minded! I can't believe you guys and gals are thinking this!! :bowlol: I was actually referring to technology of the bed vibrator to wake a person up. :slap:

LOLAFOTFL!!!!!!:bowlol: You people are dirty-minded! I can't believe you guys and gals are thinking this!! :bowlol: I was actually referring to technology of the bed vibrator to wake a person up. :slap:
Yes, I know about the one for the bed; that's been around for a long time.

I was referring specifically to one in the car seat while driving. Imagine just cruising along when all of a sudden, your seat starts vibrating! Woo hoo!

;)

Yes, I know about the one for the bed; that's been around for a long time.

I was referring specifically to one in the car seat while driving. Imagine just cruising along when all of a sudden, your seat starts vibrating! Woo hoo!

;)

CRASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I just fell off the chair laughing!!!!!!!!!! :bowlol:

Why not try invention one!

rear view mirror isn't goin to help .... like i just did when i was daydream driving all way on interstate and saw 3 cops chasing behind me... :o

Back