Sinus Infections?

Alisteal

Reaction score
Are sinus infections able to be passed from person to person? That's a really random question but does anyone know?

To my knowledge, no you can't pass on sinus infections. You can pass on colds from one person to another and that can lead to sinus infections. Sinus infections really depend upon the person and how their bodies handle colds, allergies and the like. Some people are prone to them and others hardly ever get them.

Thanks hun! Well that explains it. I had a cold that became a sinus infection and last night my husband started sniffling LOL. I was worried he'd get my sinus infection

my fiance always says I gave him my sinus infection.. I get sinus infection constantly!! He thinks I give it to him all the time!! he's a baby! lol

i just had sinus infection last june it las a month i was on medication that time

oh man that sucks to have sinus infections
i am alright now

I just had it last couple weeks ago. It getting better by now. sigh!

i had allergies not long ago.. and now my forehead and my cheeks are painful..and the stupid headaches!!! so i have sinus infection.. :( i will have to go dr.. but i am stuck here in wyoming? i cant go to my dr in arkansas? lol.. i dont want to go to ER as it will cost money you know? its just friggin sinus infection? haha i bought an allergic and sinus medication from walmart so hope it will help it..:(

Sinus Headaches

Sinuses are air-filled cavities (spaces) located in your forehead, cheekbones, and behind the bridge of your nose. The sinuses produce a thin mucus that drains out of the channels of the nose. When a sinus becomes inflamed, usually as the result of an allergic reaction, a tumor, or an infection, the inflammation will prevent the outflow of mucus and cause a pain similar to that of a headache.

What Are the Symptoms of Sinus Headaches?

Sinus headaches are associated with a deep and constant pain in the cheekbones, forehead or bridge of the nose. The pain usually intensifies with sudden head movement or straining. The pain is usually accompanied by other sinus symptoms, such as nasal discharge, feeling of fullness in the ears, fever, and facial swelling.

[img=http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/6017/sinus7rg.th.jpg]

Whether your headache symptoms can actually be attributed to the sinuses will need to be determined by your doctor. If your headache is truly caused by a sinus blockage, such as an infection, you will likely have a fever. CT scans or MRI along with a physical examination are usually conducted to determine if there is a blockage in your sinuses.

How Are Sinus Headaches Treated?

Treatment of sinus headaches is usually directed toward symptom relief and treating the infection. Treatment might include antibiotics for the infection, as well as a short period of antihistamines (such as Benadryl) or decongestants (such as Sudafed) to treat the symptoms. If you take decongestants, but do not have a true sinus headache, the medication could make your headache worse. Be sure to see your doctor before taking any medications.

Other medications to treat sinus infections include pain-relievers and vasoconstrictors (to decrease nasal congestion). If the pain continues after using pain-relievers, corticosteroids may be prescribed to further decrease the inflammation. When an allergen is causing the sinus flare-ups, preventive allergy therapy is often needed.

Decongestant medications can be used to relieve headaches associated with sinus infections. Decongestants help relieve headache symptoms because they constrict blood vessels that cause headache pain. However, decongestant use can be habit-forming. If your headaches seem to be relieved by decongestants but you do not have a sinus infection, you may actually have a migraine or tension headache, which require specific treatment.

Can Allergies Cause Headaches?

It is a misconception that allergies cause headaches. However, allergies can cause sinus congestion, which can lead to headache pain. If you have allergies, the treatment for your allergy will not relieve your headache pain. The two conditions generally must be treated separately. See your doctor to ensure proper treatment.

Reviewed by The Cleveland Clinic Neuroscience Center.

Medically reviewed by Charlotte E. Grayson, MD, October 2004, WebMD.

Portions of this page © The Cleveland Clinic 2000-2004

I like this technique...

cook black pepper, crushed pepper, and juice of jalapeno pepper in pan...
let it steam up, and put your nose over it,

and it will open up your sinus and you'll sneeze all the SNOTS out
of your nose....

It really works for me, just need paper towel with some cleaners
to wipe boogers off the floor.

Try it!!!!

lol at tweetybird.. :giggle: ha ha ha ha ha pfffffffft back at u.. :) heh..

and i know that eating spicy foods will help clear up your nose ..not completely 100% but it does help. :)

Back