Single in NY

mackiki

Reaction score
I'm from long island ny. About 30 mins from nyc. Newly diagnosed with progressive hearing loss. So far it seems to be fairly quickly progressing since I feel like one day i was fine and the next day i was getting yelled at for the tv being too loud and all my students were mumbling. Currently hard of hearing looking to meet someone. I am currently hard of hearing. I have no friends who are hard of hearing or deaf. Looking for friends. Im a 31 year old female. I had been dating a guy on and off for a few years but he did not take this news well at all. Now I am looking to find people who understand what I am going through. Would love someone I can chat with and be friends. Maybe even a guy to get to know. A female friend would be nice too.

Last edited:
I am a hearing 18 year old girl from MA. I have a lot of HOH friends, and I can't say that I know what your going through, cause I can't, but I'm happy to listen and try my best to give you advice. I like this guy at my school who has hearing aids and can only hear little sounds. I am also learning asl. I just have to say that guy that you were dating isn't worth your time, if he had a problem with what you are going through.

His problem is that most likely my hearing loss is hereditary. My grandfather and uncle went through it. He said he doesn't know how he would handle it if we had a child who was hard of hearing or deaf. So your right. He isn't worth the time. I am going to take ASL at the local library this spring it starts may 1. They do inexpensive classes all levels. My co-worker took it and she does well. Right now I am looking for someone to talk to. Really just be a friend. It's been a tough 4 days.

Google nyc deaf events. I forget the web site but the nyc area has events and meet ups. I alldeaf p member who lives on site is jiro. Knows most stuff around you.good you aregetting asl. It comes in handy if you need an interperter.
If you are rich as well as single I am single. If not rich then I am not your type.

I'm from long island ny. About 30 mins from nyc. Newly diagnosed with progressive hearing loss. So far it seems to be fairly quickly progressing since I feel like one day i was fine and the next day i was getting yelled at for the tv being too loud and all my students were mumbling. Currently hard of hearing looking to meet someone. I am currently hard of hearing. I have no friends who are hard of hearing or deaf. Looking for friends. Im a 31 year old female. I had been dating a guy on and off for a few years but he did not take this news well at all. Now I am looking to find people who understand what I am going through. Would love someone I can chat with and be friends. Maybe even a guy to get to know. A female friend would be nice too.

Long Island? then you should definitely attend Long Island Deaf Social Event - https://www.facebook.com/groups/72808330151/?fref=ts

Laura is the host and she's very nice. it's always at Dave n' Buster in Farmingdale.

Hi there

Hey Long Islander,

I'm Long Islander as well. Finding a new HOH or Deaf female friend would be nice. I'm just curious where is the library in LI that you are taking ASL class? If you don't want to say it out here in public, you can PM me.

Hey! I'm 23 and also live on LI. I am HoH in my right ear, but can hear normally out of my left. I know some ASL but I am by no means fluent. What part of LI are you from?

Google nyc deaf events. I forget the web site but the nyc area has events and meet ups. I alldeaf p member who lives on site is jiro. Knows most stuff around you.good you aregetting asl. It comes in handy if you need an interperter.
If you are rich as well as single I am single. If not rich then I am not your type.

Wow... That's pretty... well I guess you're honest? Still, wow..... Jeeze.

Back