Single by choice?

ClearSky

Reaction score
Do you think people are single by choice? Dr. Phil said so in a book. What do you think? I mean, there are others that find people when they are not looking.

Yes, it can be; some people don't want to be date anybody or to marry anybody. It's up to them.

I'm single by choice because I'm not ready for a relationship and I have too much to do before that happens. When I'm ready to be in a relationship, that will happen.

Of course by choice! I choose to be single and whenever I'm ready for a relationship then yeah I'm ready haha.

Y'all probably can't stand hearing this all the time from me but I am single by God's choice.

Undescrible why people are single. Maybe, God's choice.

I'm single by choice...

- to concentrate on my uni studies
- not ready for another relationship
- to do things I've always wanted to do

I'm single by choice. I think it can happen both ways, though. Some people are single by choice; while others may not be.

Lot of people "choose" to be single by choice for so many different reasons for personal or general reasons. Being single by choice it not really a crime. I am a single mother by choice but not ashame by it. Some people now enjoy life to the full without a fulltime partner or need to live within a traditional family. I have known lot of people I met or seen and been in someone shoe to know what it like to be a single mom by choice. Most people don't agree or accpet being a single mom by choice. Some are gay, straight to be single by choice as well. But I can tell you that I don't like Palin's point of view on single or to have a disable child. Her view to me is cold. I can see why Palin's perfer the old fashion view of marriage better then being single. To me I think single people can do fine without being married to have a child. :)

I sure hope my children will be single by choice til they get through college and get a career. My kids are still little. I want them to learn to stand on their own two feet before they get into a relationship.

I sure hope my children will be single by choice til they get through college and get a career. My kids are still little. I want them to learn to stand on their own two feet before they get into a relationship.

I agree..

That was what my mom wanted for me which was why she wasnt too happy when I got into a serious relationship with my high school sweetheart and marrying him at 21 years old. I prefer my children to be single by choice so they can explore before settling down.

I think another way to look at is is anti-social with the opposite sex by choice. Some people completely turn off their radar by not socializing with those of the opposite sex in order to avoid being smitten. But, sometimes there's not enough self-restraint in the world to hold someone back when they meet someone who makes them feel better than they've ever felt before.

Though, thinking like this can also come with a cost. When does one decide its time to let their guard down and roll with the punches? What if success or financial security comes late or never comes at all? Is being too cautious with ones goals worth missing out on a golden opportunity when it lands in their lap (love)?

I'm reminded of the age old question, what's more important? The destination or the journey? Is it wrong to allow love into ones life while maintaining a stalwart position with one's goals?

I agree..

That was what my mom wanted for me which was why she wasnt too happy when I got into a serious relationship with my high school sweetheart and marrying him at 21 years old. I prefer my children to be single by choice so they can explore before settling down.

Awe shel

Same here. I had all kinds of scholarships. But.... I was in love!!! At the time and I did not want to leave my high school sweetheart.

My mom was very upset when I left home to move with him

More to the story. But it is off topic. but you can see why it is best to stay single til one knows what to expect and to know how to stand on their own two feet

One has to know how to stand on their own two feet to support the other to get into a healthy relationship.

Awe shel

Same here. I had all kinds of scholarships. But.... I was in love!!! At the time and I did not want to leave my high school sweetheart.

My mom was very upset when I left home to move with him

More to the story. But it is off topic. but you can see why it is best to stay single til one knows what to expect and to know how to stand on their own two feet

One has to know how to stand on their own two feet to support the other to get into a healthy relationship.

Yea, I turned down a full-ride softball scholarship with Western New Mexico University because I didnt want to leave my sweetheart. My mom was furious about that. Oh well.

Sorry for being off topic before but the point to this is...
If you all are single by choice to get your priorities straight then I applaud you.

Wait til you know what you want in life

Shel, I understand the feeling.

I'm single by choice because I more focus into a good career and want to buy a house as well. Prolly have nothing to do with it but this is why I'm single anyway.

I was single before by choice. I wasn't ready for a relationship at that time and stayed bein' a single for awhile. It was really nice feelin' to stay single until I feel it is time to let love to find me. lol

I was single before by choice. I wasn't ready for a relationship at that time and stayed bein' a single for awhile. It was really nice feelin' to stay single until I feel it is time to let love to find me. lol

Let love find you,:hmm: how are ya?:giggle:

Back