sing and sign is fun at church.

deafJar

Reaction score
yesterday at church, the lady at my church that is a sign language interpreter, was eaching me more sign langauge and we signed together and was signing also at the same time. It was so much fun i was so excited. I was so happy.
I try so hard and I am willing to learn . I love to learn more sign language. It makes me very excited. I am hard of hearing.

:) I know exactly what you mean deafjar!!!! I interpret at my church 2 times a month, and I love the feeling you get when you are signing to a song. It's a really good feeling. Keep up the good work!!! :)

deafJar said:
yesterday at church, the lady at my church that is a sign language interpreter, was eaching me more sign langauge and we signed together and was signing also at the same time. It was so much fun i was so excited. I was so happy.
I try so hard and I am willing to learn . I love to learn more sign language. It makes me very excited. I am hard of hearing.

:gpost: :welcome:

I have learned to sign some of the songs we do at church and the hearies seem to enjoy it as much as the deafies. One deaf member has been coming to services at our church for decades and just lip reading or relying on one congregation member who knows some ASL. It has been a great experience for all of us to start having an interpreter. We are hoping to expand our deaf ministry even more over time.

I was honoured to sign pieces of music that they wanted me to do.
They were both powerfully moved and completely in awe.
I think it speaks when the music comes alive with our soul, our hands
and our expressions. There is no denying it, you see it played out
right infront of you.

The last song I ever did was "Creation Calls."

Back