Signs Used By Hearies

ASL is a precise language

I think it's just the opposite. There wide variation what is allowed sentence structure. Signs are commonly done differently by different people even in the same area. ASL teachers don't agree on how to do some signs. How is that a precise language?

michelle-obama-readers-digest-178x250.jpg

haha you are so bad. family values and that :giggle:

I think it's just the opposite. There wide variation what is allowed sentence structure. Signs are commonly done differently by different people even in the same area. ASL teachers don't agree on how to do some signs. How is that a precise language?

English, French, German, Spanish etc all are exactly the same in terms of regionalisms, variants etc.

It doesn't mean that ASL isn't precise - it means that ASL, like the aboved stated languages is "alive". It's a good thing.

:laugh2: Oh my lord.... I have to give you mad props right here.... I don't think of that as a gesture most people make so much as a pose or something... :laugh2: I definitely about launched water out of my nose with this one! :laugh2: :laugh2: :rofl: Family values... vagina... :laugh2:

:laugh2: Oh my lord.... I have to give you mad props right here.... I don't think of that as a gesture most people make so much as a pose or something... :laugh2: I definitely about launched water out of my nose with this one! :laugh2: :laugh2: :rofl: Family values... vagina... :laugh2:
Yes, it's a version of a standard pose.

The idea is that it looks more feminine than the man's fig leaf pose, and that when the index fingers point downward the appearance is more slimming.

The photographer could have positioned the thumbs crossing over each other.

hand-gesture-o.gif

and she think it is cool. :roll:

I see this similar gesture everywhere in metro, restaurants, and especially talking on phone with someone. It is one of my pet peeve.

The guy in the office next to me tapped on my window and then started making gestures, I responded by asking him what he was doing in ASL.

He opened the door and said 'wow, you're like that fake interpreter guy from South Africa!'

*facepalm*

I always see people waving their hands around as they talk. I hope it's a habit I don't pick up!! :D

Last edited:
Back